Chapter 2 secret in the woods

Apple POV

Daring didn't come to the library,I wonder why so I was walking in the hall,I heard something so I looked around a corner,and saw Cerise and Daring kneeling on the ground, and looking in each others eyes,but there was something else in Daring's eyes. I can't explain it but for some reason I was boiling inside so I marched up there,put on a nice face,"Am I interrupting something?" I asked causing them both to jump. Daring quickly stood up still staring at Cerise,and Cerise staring at Daring while standing up. "Oh,um,no I was just,um,helping Cerise pick up some books." Daring said,wait did the Daring Charming just shutter,something is up with those two. "Yeah,uh,thanks Daring." Cerise said with a small smile while letting go of the book Daring was giving her,pulled down her hood, and walked off. I saw Daring look down at the book in his hands,read the cover, "Shoot I grabbed her journal." Daring said about to run off to chase Cerise. "Wait,Daring this is a good way to find out more about her." I said looking at her journal.

                 Daring POV

"Shoot I grabbed her journal." I said as I started to run off to find Cerise. "Wait,Daring this is a good way to find out more about her." Apple said looking at the journal. "Apple that's invading her privacy." I said a little annoyed. "Come on Daring don't you want to find more about that freak,"Apple said,"Plus why would you care about her privacy,she's a rebel." Right as those words left her mouth I was already furious inside, but I don't know why, "Just because she's a rebel doesn't mean she isn't as important than us,Raven's a rebel but you still try to be her friend,just because she is in your story that just sounds selfish." I said as I angrily walked out the school,into the woods leaving Apple in the hallway dumbfounded.

                  Cerise POV

'What was that? I don't even know what happened back there,anyway whatever it was it's gone.' I thought as I walked into the woods. "Cerise wait up!" Daring yelled as he ran to catch up with me. "Daring?" I asked as he gasped for breath,I wonder how long I walked. "You....forgot.....your......journal." he said between gasp. "Oh,um,thanks,you didn't look through it did you?" I asked nervously as I grabbed my journal in his hand. "No I know your a private girl and,um,I respect your,uh, privacy." He said with the smile I saw at school. "Thanks most people would look through it,so that really means a lot to me." I said with a little blush. He must've seen it because he said,"Your cute when you blush." He said showing a little blush which made me blush harder. "You walk here often?" he asked me. "Uh,yeah I usually go running,it's quite here," I replied starting to walk as I heard Daring catch up to me. "How 'bout you?" I asked him as he was walking next to me. "Yeah I've hung out here just sitting in my favorite secret place." "Well now you have to show me your hiding place." I said with a playful grin. He laughed,took my hand,and led the way,his hand felt soft and warm in mine. We walked for 30 minutes,then Daring turned to face me,"Close your eyes." he said in a half whisper,"Why." I asked him,"It's a suprised." "Ugh,I don't like suprises." I whinned. "You'll like this one." He said with the same smile he gave me at school. I closed my eyes,felt a hand on my waist,hand,and walked another 30 minutes until he said,"Open your eyes." I opened them and saw the most beautiful view of my life,fireflies flew through the sky, and a very peaceful lake with the sunset in view. "Wow,this is.....beautiful." I said. Daring sat down as did I because we forgot that we were still holding hands. "This is where I go when I'm stressed." Daring explained. He moved his thumb across my hand which made us realize we were still holding hands. Daring quickly let go and blushed as did I. "I,um,I'm sorry I forgot we were still,um,holding hands." Daring said glancing at me. "It's okay,and you're cute when you shutter." I said with a smile. "Payback for calling you cute when you blushed?" he whispered leaning until our shoulders were touching. "You could say that." I said turning to face him,but as I did the smiles on our faces faded replaced with confusion because we were so close our noses were praticly touching,we both were blushing so hard it was almost as red as my hood. He looked at my lips,and back to my eyes. I bet everyone could hear our heartbeats beating so fast. I looked at his lips and back to his eyes,he started leaning in as did I,when our lips touched it felt like a thousand bolts of lightning hit us, 'Oh no is my mate Daring Charming?'. After a few seconds I was the one who broke the kiss,and looked at him confused. He also looked confused then shocked," Oh,um,I-I'm sorry I,um,I - " He shuttered but I cut him off "Oh no,Its not that it's just...just (sigh) i'm scared." I said giving him a little sad look. "Of what?" Daring asked placing his hand on mine. I just love the warmth. "I'm scared of the way I feel for you." I admitted with a little sad smile. He gave me a sad smile as well,then lifted my hand to his heart,"Cerise I feel that way too." I felt a lot better after he said that.He creased his hand on half of the side of my face not all the way because of my hood. He knew that I never took my hood off so he placed his hand on the back of my hood leaned me into another kiss this time it felt true. After a few minutes I broke the kiss this time with a smile,and said,"Now we have a secret in the woods." He just smiled,leaned back against a tree,"It's a great secret." Then I leaned back with him my head in his neck. I never wanted this to end.