Chapter Thirteen. Lots of Research

Really quick, I did this chapter in Will's point of view because if I did it in Tithen's point of view then the chapter would be in her bedroom. And that would be boring. Plus she's still recovering from being struck by lightning. So anyway, enjoy the chapter.

                               *                   *                  *

    Will was still shaken from Tithen's outburst of... fire. He' d never really believed in magical powers or stuff like that. So having Tithen with the ability to turn on fire, it was unsettling.

  He walked down the hall towards the library. His mom came around the corner. "Hello mother, how are you holding up?" He asked.

   She smiled at him. "You're both alive, and that's what matters. It's not your fault the storm happened. Tithen will be okay to."

  "She'll be fine, she talked to me just before I came out here, but she's not the same, and I don't think she'll ever be the same again." Will said, finding himself distant from who he was actually talking to.

  His mom put her hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry she'll go back to normal again, in due time just wait."

   "It's not that she's distant or she acts different, it's that she has powers now." Will whispered just loud enough for his mom to hear.

  "Now William, don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?" His mom asked him in her scolding voice.

   "No I am not. She woke up on fire, and she activated it. Plus she knows what it's called. She's scared though. She doesn't know how to control it, and she doesn't want to hurt anyone even by accident. She didn't exactly tell me this, but I could tell that's what she thought. I'm going to the library now to see if I can find anything that may help her with this new found power of hers." As Will explained this, the look of disbelief on his mom's face changed to determination, and pity.

   "What force of nature would place the burden of powers on the shoulders of a child? That's cruel, especially when that child has no one to guide, and teach them." His mom said, looking past Will down the hall. "You continue too the library to find whatever you can that might help. I'll go, and talk to Tithen about it."

  Will nodded, walked past his mom to the stairs. "What force of nature would place the burden of powers on the shoulders of a child?" He repeated the words of his mother. "The Star Power. I know I've heard that term somewhere before. But where?"

                                *                 *               *

     A scream filled the house. Will dropped the book he was reading, and raced down stairs. His mom was running into the kitchen.

   "Mom what's wrong?" Will asked as she raced passed him again.

  She stopped, and looked at him. "Well Tithen's.... She's a..... You better just come,and see."

   Will ran down the hallway after his mom. She had a golden necklace chain dangling from her left hand.

   They came to Tithen's room, and went inside. Will about fell over out of shock. Standing in front of them was a red wolf, and not Tithen.

   The wolf was staggering around in what seemed to be a daze.

  His mom stepped towards the wolf, who turned and snarled at her. Will took a step forward, but was stopped by his mom. "I've got this one Will you stay back."

   Wolf Tithen growled at them. Will's mom put her hands on her hips. "Tithen Delano, that is enough. You stop growling at me this instant."

   Somehow wolf Tithen understood what Will's mom was saying, and she stopped.

   "Thank you, now calm down, take a breath, and stop trying to walk around, you look like a drunk wolf. I don't know how to help you change back, but I do know that we can figure it out. Now sit down." Will's mom said in her mom voice. She wasn't scared, and she sounded so confident.

   Wolf Tithen sat down looking beat, and sad. Will sighed, he had no clue what to do either. His mom crouched next to wolf Tithen, she clipped the necklace, she had, around Tithen's neck.

   "This pendant belonged to my mother she said that it contained the ability to reduce any type of power. It might be able to help to get control of those powers of yours." His mom explained.

  Then she stood up, and walked past Will into the hall stopping briefly to tell Will to keep an eye on Tithen. Before she went back down the hall.

  Will watched her go, then a sound caught his attention. It was a quiet whimpering coming from Tithen. Will stepped into her room all the way allowing the door to close behind him.

   Tithen looked up at him as he walked over too her. Her eyes were sad and confused with a hint of anger. Will crouched down next to her.

     "Well you've managed to get yourself into a big mess haven't you." He sighed.

    Tithen turned her head away from him, her head down. Will reached out and cupped her face in his hands.

   "We'll figure this out, okay?" Will murmured to her.

     Then he pulled away from her, and started walking towards the door

     Then he pulled away from her, and started walking towards the door. He turned and looked at her. "Well? Come on we gotta fix you some way or another. But it won't be in the house. Mom'd kill me." Will opened the door and walked out. Tithen was close behind.