The Ellen Show

Lexi's p.o.v

It's been one week since thanksgiving and Ellen Degeneres asked me and Shawn to come on her show as a couple and to just clear the air with all the media accusations. They have the show lineup completely different. It's just me and Shawn as the only visitors on the show.

I'm sitting backstage with Shawn. We're waiting for the director to give us the cue to go on stage and sit in the seats next to Ellen. Suddenly the red light comes on and we're on air.

"Alright so today we're doing something very different. This couple has been all the talk recently and we're here to hear their side of things in today's showing. Lexi Alderidge and Shawn Mendes, come out here!"

We walk on the stage hand in hand and smile as we look at everyone in the audience cheering and we sit in our seats.

"So you two. What's been going on? I saw your recent Instagram post Shawn and I was just so surprised!" We look at the screen behind us that shows the family picture Shawn posted.

"Hah yeah. We spent American thanksgiving together with her family and it was so much fun. Everyone was so nice."

"I bet, now how about we start from the beginning. You can both give your side of the story on the relationship you two share. How did you two meet?" Ellen says curious. I decide to speak first.

"Well after the runway fiasco 5 years ago, my family moved to Nashville, Tennessee where I ran into Shawn at the Grocery Store. I saw him at award shows, but I just never said hey. We talked everyday after that and just fell in love."

"Yeah. I was in Nashville because I had a break from my illuminate tour and me and my buddy Cameron, Cameron Dallas, wanted to go on a guys trip because he and I were always busy with our careers. I met her, we fell in love, but had to separate because I had to go back to Canada and spend time with family then go back on tour, and she has to get back to her career in New York."

"Wow. So what happened after you two separated?" Ellen says directing the question towards me.

"Um I was heartbroken and he was too. We thought it was for the best, but it hurts whenever you lose your soulmate. Well, I flew back to New York and worked on my makeup brand and modeling."

"I'm sorry about that, but you're here now. What about your daughter? How does she fit into this?" Ellen says. I guess I'll definitely be taking the floor with this one.

"I was just getting to that. After the makeup brand launched, I got sick. I was throwing up, my stomach was cramping, I was always tired and my period came late. I just thought I got food poisoning and after the break up, I stopped eating for a brief moment and lost weight. It wasn't until I was aware of what was going on until Vale, my sister, came to me and brought me 3 pregnancy tests." I turn towards Shawn and look back at Ellen and she seems so shocked.

"All 3 tests came out positive and I was so lost on what to do."

"How did you feel?" Ellen speaks.

"It felt like someone ripped the rug right out from under me. Typically, unplanned pregnancies feel that way."

"Yes. Shawn, were you aware of this? How did she tell you?"

"I wasn't aware until recently. She never told me about my child." The audience voices their reaction and I immediately cut in.

"Before we go to commercial, I need to explain. I tried to tell him, but he hung up the phone before I could finish my sentence. He blocked my phone number and all my social media accounts. I got in touch with his manager and she made threats towards me and my family and Shawn! I wanted a bright future for him, everyone wanted it. And with a kid, his future goals would've been put on pause for god knows how long. I wanted him to be extraordinarily in his career. I was also thinking, what role model would I be? What mother would let their teenage daughter Idolize a teen mom? I know there are moms in the audience, would you let your daughter look up to a teen mom?" Everyone woman in the audience says no or shakes their head.

"Exactly"

"So Shawn how or when did you find out about your daughter?"

"It was really sudden actually. I was eating breakfast one morning when I got a call from Cameron. He told me how he just saw the Alderidge sisters with this little girl. And little girl was calling Lexi her mom. He said the little girl was turning 4 that day and if I did the math, that means the girl was conceived right before I left for tour. He also said how she was the perfect mixture of me and Lex." Shawn says

"Wow. I don't know what to say. That must've felt really unreal in that moment huh?"

"All I can say was I was definitely not expecting it. I flew to New York to go to my daughters birthday party, which Cameron and his friends were invited to. I talked to Lexi after the party and I was certain that Sophia was my daughter." Shawn says and the entire room is full of tension and shock on both sides.

"Her name is Sophia." Ellen says

"Yeah. When she was born, I wanted to name her after her father. Shawn's full name is Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, so I named her Sophia Peyton Raul Mendes." The entire audience is in awe and loves it.

"Something isn't adding up. How did you keep the pregnancy a secret from the world?" Ellen says

"It's just that. I wore baggy clothes when I started showing and when the baggy clothes wouldn't work anymore to hide the baby bump, my family told the media I had a mental disorder." The audience says "wow" and I look back at Shawn and smile. It feels great to put everything out there.

"I'm fine with how everything worked out. I love Sophia and Lexi more than anything in this world. I'm so happy that I have a family. I love my child and hopefully one day, I can say 'children'" Shawn takes my hand and smiles back at me and I blush and smile.

"Well that's all the time we have for today. Can't wait to have both of you back on the show again"

Me and Shawn smile and wave at camera 1 and then Ellen signs out.

Shawn and I get up from our seats and walk backstage.

"You never told me how it felt when you found out you were pregnant."

"Well now you know. I don't regret it. And like you said, maybe one day, Sophia will have a little brother or sister running around with her."

"I hope so"