They shook hands with each other, the tension that would have been plausible last year now almost completely dissolved. Maybe the idea of them living together wasn't such a bad one after all.

Farren shook hands with the other team's players, his sweaty helmet discarded on the ground. There was a babble of chatter coming from the parents and supporters who stood around them watching.

Farren momentarily closed his eyes, taking deep shaky breaths. When he opened them he was met with the sight of Jesse giving him an understanding smile and nodding his head encouragingly to where Kaden was stood, looking like a poster boy for hot football players with his hair all disheveled and his hands behind his head.

Farren took a deep breath, heart pounding erratically out of his chest.

He started walking over to Kaden, his stomach turning more and more with each step. Kaden looked up and saw him when he only had about three steps left.

Their eyes met, and it was as if time had frozen. Farren stared at Kaden, trying to read his expression. Kaden himself seemed nervous, most likely worried about this moment, whether it would make them or break them.

One last step and suddenly he was right there, right in front of Karen. They stood facing each other, neither of them saying anything until Kaden broke the silence.

"Congrats." He said softly, but Farren was too focused on how much he wanted this to really comprehend what the other boy had said.

"Thanks." he breathed out, his voice just above a whisper.

Farren could feel the eyes of some of the others watching him, but ignored it.

"How do you feel?" Kaden asked, and the small talk was starting to annoy Farren. He was so overwhelmed with emotion he didn't have time to be making casual conversation, especially with Kaden.

"Tired." He said, flicking his eyes down to Kaden's lips.

"From the game?" Kaden asked.

"No." Farren said, his voice dropping even lower.

A flash of surprise crossed Kaden's face, and the next time he spoke his voice too was lower.

"From what then?" He asked hoarsely, stepping even closer to Farren.

Farren said nothing for a moment, gazing into those perfect blue eyes. His decision was made, and it probably had been since the first moment they spoke.

"I'm tired of playing the straight game." Farren said, cupping Kaden's neck and pulling him in.

XXXXX

Farren Milton truly was full of surprises.

Kaden was shocked for a split second, before a grin broke out on his face. Then they were kissing, and all he could feel was exhilaration. Here they were, in the middle of the field with everyone's eyes trained on them, kissing.

Farren ran his hands through the hair on the nape of Kaden's neck, and Kaden wrapped his hands around Farren's waist, pulling him impossibly closer. Kaden's heart was pounding, the feel of Farren's lips on his own had to be the best feeling in the world.