21

Farren woke with a smile etched on his face as though it had been there all night. And judging by the position him and Kaden were lying in, he didn't doubt it had. 

If someone had told him three weeks ago that he would be sharing a bed with Kaden Rivers of his own accord, and even cuddling him, he would have laughed in their face.

He lay there in comfortable warmth feeling more than content, their skin on skin contact making his blood tingle. He stayed in that position for a while more until he felt Kaden stir in his arms.

"Kaden you awake?" He asked in a hushed whisper, nuzzling his face into the back of Kaden's neck.

A moment later Kaden let out some sort of muffled noise of confirmation that Farren took as a yes.

After another few moments Kaden turned round and faced him through sleepy eyes, Farren kept his arms around Kaden as the two lay facing each other in comfortable silence.

Farren leaned forward and pressed their foreheads together. "Hey," he said softly, unable to fight back the smile on his face.

"Hey," Kaden replied sleepily but happily, untangling one hand from Farren's and trailing it up to his face.

Farren leaned into Kaden's touch, sighing with content before leaning forward and pressing their lips together.

The kiss deepened until they were engrossed in a full on make out session. Eventually Farren pulled away reluctantly.

"I'm hungry." He said, unable to ignore the rumblings for much longer.

"Then eat me," Kaden replied with a smirk before pulling Farren down by his neck and resuming their kiss.

"I'm-" Farren began but was once again cut off by Kaden's lips. "Serious." He tried again, pushing himself off Kaden and standing up.

"Fine." Kaden grumbled, standing up and following him out of the room, but not before stealing another quick kiss.

Kaden cooked them up a plate of hot food, leaving Farren swooning. Not that he would tell Kaden that.

He came up behind Kaden, who was still shirtless, and wrapped his arms around his waist and resting his head on the crook of Kaden's neck as he cooked.

Not long after they sat at the island, tearing into the hot breakfast that Kaden had prepared.

As they ate Farren decided to ask Kaden something that had been pressing on his mind lately.

"Kaden?"

"Yeah?" Kaden replied, his mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"Gross." Farren scrunched up his nose in disgust, earning him a smirk and a snigger from Kaden.

"What were you going to ask?" Kaden said after swallowing his food.

Farren hesitated for a moment before continuing. "What's up with your parents?"

He didn't miss the flash of sadness that crossed Kaden's face, but as soon as it came it was gone.

"What do you mean?" Kaden asked, and Farren could hear the forced innocence in his tone.

"You know what I mean. Where are they?"