08

The next day or two passed agonisingly slowly but finally, the last school bell of the day rang and the weekend had finally arrived.

And in the town of Sinclair, Friday night meant one thing. Party night.

But if Farren was to be completely honest, he kind wanted a break from all the partying. I mean, being a Senior he had been going to parties for three years and they never were any different.

It was always just turning up at some randomer's house, crammed with sweaty drunk teenagers making out. The music was always too loud to talk to anyone. This was the sort of atmosphere Farren actually did enjoy, but every now and then he needed a break from. Besides, he could always just go out on Saturday night if he really wanted to get wasted. Or laid.

"You going Brooke's tonight?"

Farren looked up at the sound of the voice and saw it was Dylan, one of the guys from the team who was talking to him.

"I don't know man, I'm really tired. I might just take a leave tonight. Anything on tomorrow?" He replied Dylan's question with one of his own.

"I think some of the lads said your roommate Kaden Rivers is having one." Dylan replied with a laugh.

Wait, what the fuck.

"Wait seriously?" Farren asked in disbelief. "Where exactly is he planning on having this party because there is no way in hell he's having it at my house, Jenny and Grace are going to be home for the weekend. And you know that there is no way in hell that they'd be down with that."

He rambled on before Dylan cut him off, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Relax man, he's having it up in the mansion." Dylan said, laughing at his worried outbreak.

Farren felt himself letting out a sigh of relief. He rarely held the parties, and when he did it was only if Jenny and Grace were gone away for the weekend.

"Anyway, I gotta go. We're heading over to Daniel's for pizza and drinks. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah bro I'll pass. I'll probably see you at Kaden's tomorrow?"

"You can count on it." Dylan replied with a smile, before heading off to a blue car, that had one of the Redwood High Lions sitting in the driver's seat, waiting somewhat impatiently for Dylan.

Farren also made his way to his own car, sitting in and buckling up his seat belt before pulling out of the student car park and making his way home.

When he arrived there he he headed straight for the den, remembering that he was the only one home. Rowan was staying the night at a friend's, and Jenny and Grace were visiting Jenny's cousin for the night so it seemed it would be just him for the night. He presumed that Kaden would be going to the party.

As if on cue, he heard the front door rattle open and soon after Kaden made his way into the den, his blond hair typically messy, wearing black jeans, black Nikes and a black t-shirt. The only color present on his outfit was the mustard and wine letterman jacket he wore so well.

"Enjoying the view?" Kaden said with a smirk.

Farren tore his away and looked up at Kaden's face, with that stupid smug smile that seemed to be a permanent fixture.

"Are you not going to Brooke Hansen's party?" Farren asked, ignoring Kaden's question and the feeling in his stomach.

"I could ask you the same," Kaden retorted.

Farren just shrugged his shoulders. "Normally I would be but I'm just not in a party mood. Besides, I heard that a certain Kaden Rivers was hosting a party of his own tomorrow?"