Chapter 32

Chapter 32:
---------------

The convoy suddenly braked and violently turned around and gathered speed as the drivers slammed the gas to the floor.

Sebastian had not asked her details but it was enough to know they needed to get out of here ASAP. Details would follow.

***

"Ted told me that the American council have demanded all alpha's to send their warriors out to specific locations. All of these locations surround Colorado" Serena repeated her earlier conversation with Ted.

"They had also asked him to send all his warriors. He has not sent them" Serena added. They knew what it meant, Ted thankfully was backing them and without his warning Sebastian would have been heading to his death.

"He thought they might take him out" Serena guessed.

"When?" Roma whispered shaken "When is the attack planned?" she asked.

"Within the next twenty four hours" Serena told her grim audience.

Roma took a deep breath and looked at Alex. She did not have to tell him anything he understood, a war was coming and they had very less time to prepare.

Alex got up and stormed out of the room his face full of fury and determination.

***

The alpha's phone rang again and he picked up "When?" he demanded and listened to the man on the other side "Shit!" he cursed "You know what to do! Do it, now!" he barked and hung up.

All the other American council alphas in the room looked at him. "The convoy turned around and is heading back in full speed" he informed them pissed off.

"Now what?" One alpha asked curious.

"We anticipated this" another alpha added "We have a contingency in place. Don't we?" He smiled wryly.

***

Sebastian relaxed after thirty minutes, they were still driving in top speed and would hit Colorado border in another twenty. Roma had called him back and informed him that she and Nick had dispatched reinforcements and they would be there shortly. However all him men had weapons ready in case of an eventuality.

Suddenly they heard police sirens behind them.

"Boss?" the driver asked. In the convoy of three cars Sebastian was in the middle one.

"Shit!" Sebastian cursed "Stop" he told them, he did not want the cops on his tail with everything happening. The driver communicated the same on the wireless radio they had in all three vehicles and they began to slow down.

The Convoy rolled in to stop. Sebastian was sitting in the middle car and the police patrol card overtook his and went to the car in front of him and stopped in front of it blocking its way.

A cop from the car got out and another deputy stepped out from behind him. The driver of the first car rolled his window down as the cop approached. The driver smelled the air and relaxed. Human.

"You guys seemed to be in an awful lot of hurry" The cop told the driver. Eyeing the convoy which stood out like a sore thumb in the wilderness.

"Yes sir, we need to get back home immediately...medical emergency in the family." The driver bluffed. 

"Sorry to hear that but please ensure you yourself don't become one" The cop cautioned.

"Sure sir" the driver readily agreed.