Chapter 23

Recap:

"Well, let's meet the little shit David and his band of merry men, shall we?" Sebastian asked smiling, but the tone of his had turned extremely dangerous. Today was a wrong day to be fucking with him.

Saying that Sebastian quickly started walking to the perimeter wall of the huge villa they were currently housed in.

Chapter 23
--------------

David, the head of enforcers was walking like a caged lion in front of the firmly locked iron gate, the whole villa which was surrounded by high rise walls was guarded like a fortress and they were not letting him in, the enforcers! The guards were staring him and his men down defiantly from the other side of the gate, he bet they would not be so smug if the gate was not between them. Enforcers were not someone you fucked with!

And thinking about the root of all his problems he saw Sebastian storming towards the gate with his minions trailing behind him.

David narrowed his eyes, this would not be a pleasant discussion so he readied himself.

Sebastian casually strolled to the gate "Well! Look what the wolf dragged in." He said and added "What brings you pleasant lot out in the open to our humble abode gentlemen?" He asked causally.

"I need to speak to Roma" David the head of the enforcers demanded, he did not want to waste his time with Sebastian.

"Do you now?" Sebastian asked carelessly.

"Yes!" David spat out.

"And what might be the reason if I can ask?" Sebastian asked.

"You may not! I need to meet her immediately, now open the damn gate!" David said enraged.

"Let's see" Sebastian pretended to contemplate "Her diary is quite full, I can pencil you in between never and when hell freezes over..."

"Sebastian, I am not playing silly games" David warned seriously.

Sebastian dropped all pretense and looked around. David was backed by at least a dozen enforcers and those bastards packed a punch. He would have to treat this as a real threat.

"Listen enforcer. You come to Roma's home and demand to see her, it does not work that way" Sebastian said equally seriously.

"I ask to see Roma in her official capacity as the chair of the council" David said.

Ah...Now Sebastian was getting the picture.

"I don't recall her accepting the post an all...you know the paperwork" Sebastian stalled.

"Majority council voted and until stated otherwise, she is the presumptive chair and as enforcers we demand audience or else we will be forced to use force" David threatened.

Sebastian froze and he narrowed his eyes, his men instinctively reached for their weapons for any eventuality.

Sebastian looked around taking things in and asked "So, let me get this right. The enforcers are demanding audience with the chair of the council and are ready to kill her bodyguards to reach her? Is my understanding correct?"

"Sebastian" David said expatriated "Listen to me carefully, I will explain this only once. As Chair of council her security falls under the enforcers and these men" he said indicating behind him "Are here for her security. Do you understand? I am here to help, to ensure her security. She was attacked earlier today was she not? We are here to take care of her security now." David tried to reason.