1. My Dream Boyfriend... Not in my fathers eyes....

Prolouge

When I was seven, and my brother, Gage was thirteen, Gage was being sent away to camp for being a bad boy. He gave me a kiss and a hug and said, "Deirdra, don't let daddy ever tell you to stop hanging out with your friend. Especially if they're black." I just laughed.

"Daddy would never say something like that!" I giggled and hugged my Teddy Bear tighter.

"Daddy... Well, he's different that you think." He saw my confused face. "You'll understand when you're older, Deir." Gage said, adding in my nickname. "Well, I have to go now, Deirdra. And Remember what I said. I love you Deir." He stood up and went outside to the cars with flashing lights on top. They put circle things around his hands, put him in the back of the car and drove away.

"Daddy, when is Gagie coming back?" I asked my dad.

"Never, Deirdra. He won't ever be coming back." I ran to my daddy's lap and cried into his chest.

"I didn't even get to say I love you!" That is one thing that I still regretted today.

/You'll understand when you're older, deir./ My brother had said.

I understand now.

Chapter one

I walked to my boyfriend at the lunch table who was sitting by his sister who is my best friend, Lacie. I smiled, put my tray down beside my boyfriend Will Parson. I put my hands over his eyes and smiled. "Guess who?"

"Oh, I dunno. Is it that hottie Ashley Greene?" Will guessed.

I fake gasped. "Oh! Now you're going to get it!" I gave him a noogie and he groaned.

"Owie!" I laughed and kissed his lips ever so slightly.

"Oh, get a room!" Lacie yelled, interupting our sweet kiss. "That is so gross." Lacie pointed to her ham sandwich. "It only has bread and ham. I mean, what happened to Miracle Whip and cheese?" She pushed her tray away and crossed her arms.

Then the door to the cafeteria opened, revealing the two new black guys. The cafeteria got quiet, and no one talked until they walked out of the cafeteria with their food.

You see, La Cygne, Kansas isn't a very nice town. The whole town pretty much is racist. There are no black people in my school, so I don't see why two black folks would move here.

There was a murmur of racist words like "porch monkey" and "yard ape." I scowled. Will, Lacie and I wern't racist. No one in their family was, and no one in my family was, either. But, my dad was a bit uncomfortable with black people.

/You'll understand when you're older, deir./ My brother had said. I understand now. Dad has picked my friends for a long time. He doesn't know that I hang out with Lacie. He just thinks that I hang out with Will and my other best friend, Clare. He would be so mad if he found out, too.

But I don't understand the second part. /Especially if they're black./ Maybe Gage thought that dad was racist? No way. Gage is obviously clueless. Like serously. He went to camp for 10 years for steaing from the mayor! And he didn't even have a gun, which was, in my opinion, stupid!

I did really miss Gage though. I haven't seen or talked to him in ten years!

"Hello? Earth to Deirdra?!" I heard Lacie and Will's voice and I came back into the present.

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled and shook my head, dipping a fry in ketchup. "I was thinking about Gage."

"Oh." They both said. They knew that this subject made me sad. "Well, when is getting out of camp?" Will asked, playing with my hair.

"Um... I don't know. Dad won't tell me." I looked down at my tray.

"Hey, Deirdra, it'll all be ok." Lacie touched my arm.

That got me heated. I snatched my arm away from her touch. "No, Lacie." I stood up, pushing my tray away. "Everyone has said that! My mom, before she died. My dad. Even Gage. But is everything okay? NO!" I ran out of the cafeteria and ran to my favorite table/bench. The bench was wooden and it was sitting under a tree. On the top of the table was somthing that Will and I had carved into it. It said: Will + Deirdra = ♥ 4everrrrrrr n everrrrr!

I traced that heart and then I felt the tears come to my eyes. I hid my head under my hands and cried my eyes out. I heard someone sit down beside me. I hugged him. "Oh, Will. I'm sorry! Tell Lacie I'm sorry, too!" I cried into his chest some more.

He coughed and I looked up.

It wasn't Will. It was the new black kid.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay, so this is the first chapter! yay! lol. hope ya like it! lol. vote, comment, and fan! and please join my fan page! In the external link!

-Alexis Rene