Chapter 1

On a beautiful weekday afternoon, in the studio I've been practicing in since I was about four years old, I practiced my jumps and points like I always do. Nothing made me happier than decompressing from a day of work and schooling than strapping my ballet shoes to my callused feet and letting my mind create something beautiful. My home away from home; my sanctuary.

The ballet center was attached to the London School of Preparatory Arts, a school dedicated to the upbringing of the metro city's youth by encouraging imagination and creativity. Students could study anything within the arts field that they desired and were promised a path of success in the future.

My session was interupted when my best friend, Marley, ran past

Kati, my best friend since Kindergarten, studied singing and composition here and often helps me with arrangements for recitals. One day, she came to me with her hands waving around like a wet noodle and her breathing heavier than someone who just ran a marathon. She was freaking out of a rumor that spread through the vocal department. Apparently, some of the boys from One Direction, the worlds hottest boy band at the moment, were taking a break from touring and continuing their education and decided to do so at L.P.A. I wasn't as big of a fan as she was but I was happy and supportive of her fangirling.

I was worried, however, that their time here would distract the school from it's purpose; that they would turn the school into something more of a media free-for-all than a private school. To top it off, I didn't really care for the whole label of "celebrity" either. I didn't get the hype of someone who could spit a few lines or sing a couple notes. To me, they were glorified hobbyists. In fact, the day that Katie told me about the boys coming here, I booked a ticket to go visit my parents who lived over in the states. I didn't want to be anywhere near the screaming girls.

I finished my daily routine and started packing everything back into my dance bag, I pulled my grey joggers up and took the last swig of water from my bottle and headed towards the door. Before I reached the knob, I jumped back as a boy jumped in front of the glass pane. I screamed and grabbed my chest being scared out of my wits. The boy reached down and giggled the door knob before slipping in through the crack and slamming it shut. He locked it quick, pulled down the shade, and grabbed my arm pulling me towards the closet. No matter how hard I tried to remove his arm, it was no use and he had total control. He pushed me into the supply closet and shut the doors behind him.

"Excuse me, but what the fu-"

"Sh!" He hissed as he looked out the small crack in the door. In the sliver of light that shined through, I watched his light blue eye darted around searching for any sign of people. Just as I was about to say something, a crescendo of girls screaming and cheering passed the door and the sound of their manicured fists pounding on the door made me jump out of my skin. I looked over at the boy who was still holding my arm. I shook myself free and stood in the corner.

"What are you doing?" I finally asked.

The boy completely ignored my question and once he deemed it safe, he opened the closet doors and hopped out. I watched in complete disbelief as he just walked out casually. "What a close one!" He said with a chuckle. "Never gets old."

I stepped out and glared at the boy, who had a sweet British accent I might add. I took a quick second to give him a once over. He was dressed in a pair of holy jeans and a t-shirt with a denim jacked to tie it all together. He checked his brown hair in the mirror and winked before turning back to me. I couldn't even muster up any kind of words to really say to him. Anything that I was going to say was going to be rude.

"Well, thanks for letting me hide in here. I got lost from my guard and the girls would absolutely tear me apart if they had found me on my own. Sorry for disrupting your practice." His eyes scanned my body and I found it to be uncomfortable. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. "No problem, but 'body guard'? Who are you?'