Diagnosis and decisions

Start from the beginning

Time seemed to freeze when we heard Amanda scream and another roar. Silence seemed to descend leaving the only sound of Emily's grunts, growls and snarls. The pack was watching with curiosity shinning in their eyes while I was pushing them out of the way. What I saw made no sense what so ever to me. Junior was standing between Emily and Amanda with shock prominante on his face and Amanda passed out behind him. Tony had his little arms wrapped around Emily's legs and a pack member named Kody had his arms around her waist whispering soothing words to her. Kody is 6'2 with dirty blond hair that was spiked in the front only and milk chocolate colored eyes. 

 John bent down to whisper in my ear, "Do you see that look in Kody's eye? Maby he can get her calm if they are what I think they are." I looked into his eyes and saw that Kody had that same look males get when they have found their mate. My eyes grew wide while I nodded.

KODY'S POV:

I was standing against a wall while the pack was glaring at those idiots who have no morals. Though I wasn't really paying attention. It wasn't that I was pissed like everyone else just that ever since my wolf caught a sweet strawberry scent he has been hounding me to find the source. A savage roar pulled me out of my thoughts for me to clamp my hands to my poor abused ears. 

When the ringing subsided I looked to where the roar originated to find a very pissed chic. 'MATE! MATE!' My wolf kept yelling while he jumped for joy. 'Hold on there Casanova she looks pissed about something and it looks like she is ready to murder.' With that he stopped all chanting and jumping to take an assessing look at our mate. 

'Something has her wolf in total control. If we get close maby she will scent us if she's not too far gone into her rage.' 'That's a big if there buddy.' 'If it helps mate I don't care!' For once I was in agreement with him. With a nod to myself I was brought back to reality once again and just in time to hear Amanda say,"Why is everybody so concerned with the MONSTER who has decided to take care of good as dead pup?". Another roar sounded and when the girl who let it loose lunged at Amanda my instincts kicked in and I wrapped my hands around her waist pulling her against me.

She started snarling and growling along with grunting trying to get out of my hold. Junior was standing between the angel in my arms and Amanda so I knew that she wouldn't die today. But what surprised me was the sound of whimpering. I know that I wasn't holding my mate too tight so I looked around until it hit me. Tony was supposed to be sleeping in the next room with Junior as his guard along with a she-wolf named Emily.

'Emily. So that's our mate's name.' My wolf purred. Smiling to myself that I had figured out her name with out asking her to tell me what it was. I leaned down so that my lips skimmed against her ear, "Emily, sweetie. You need to calm down. There is no threat to you or your pup. Tony is wrapped around your leg right now and he needs you to calm down."

She snarled, "Need to protect pup. Destroy one who wants pup dead!" 'Distract her!' My wolf sounded like he had just figured out how a woman's mind works. But, I had one problem, 'How?' He sighed like it should be obvious to me, 'Turn her around and look into her eyes. Her wolf will recognize us as her mate. Then her attention will be on us and not her prey!' 

He sounded so sure of himself so I did what he said. I put my arms on either side of her waist then with just enough force to get her in the direction I wanted her to go, I turned her around to face me. Her eyes were pitch black and trying to look anywhere she could to see Amanda. "Emilly." I purred and even I could tell that my voice was huskier than normal. 

She snapped her eyes to look at me when our gazes locked. Her breathing hitched as she took in my facial features. "Mate." Was all that she said, earning some gasps from the pack as well as some awe's. I watched as Emily's eyes went from pitch black to glowing blue then to settle on green. She was beautiful to me and I could already feel the love for her deep within me start to rise.