Chapter 12: The Streets of Whiterun

Cat

Now, it could just be the drinks, but I'm fairly sure that the girl Torunn was staring at had glowing eyes.

"S-Serana?" I heard Torunn mutter.

The woman had shoulder length black hair, partly braided back, and plain brown leather armor. She reminded me somewhat of The Family back in the Wasteland, a group of deranged, blood drinking lunatics who believed they were actual vampires. This woman had that aura around her, except with her most stunning feature, those red-orange and black eyes, I couldn't help but wonder if she may be the real thing.

The woman had a mildly surprised look on her face, quickly glanced towards me, then looked back towards Torunn. She began to march her way towards her, her expression changing from surprised to angry, and raised her hand.

SMACK!

In a quick motion, I saw the woman's hand move swiftly across Torunn's face, leaving a light red hand-shaped mark on her cheek.

"Where were you?! I've been looking everywhere! First, you disappear for a week, and now you're sitting here drinking like everything is fine?!"

I looked back and forth between the two. I noticed a slight shimmer coming from the woman's eyes, and realized that they were tears.

"I..." Her voice started to crack, but she kept herself composed. "... I was so worried... Where in the name of Talos were you?"

Torunn let out a small sigh. "It's a long story."

"Well, it's a good thing I have all night. Come on." She grabbed Torunn's hand and led her out of the bar. Not sure to do exactly, I quickly followed.

. . . . .

Torunn

"So... let me get this straight..."

The three of us had walked back into Breezehome to explain to Serana what exactly had happened the last few days.

"...You traveled to a parallel Nirn-"

"Earth." I interrupted. "They call it Earth."

"Right. So you traveled to 'Earth', where there wasn't any magic, everything was destroyed by war, and the only life there was was small pockets of humanity struggling for survival. And the Daedric Princes want this world... why exactly?"

Cat shrugged. "Still a bit confused on that myself. All we know is at least two of these 'Daedric Princes' have already fucked around with it."

"We managed to keep Sheogorath from inhabiting it, but now he's back here in Skyrim causing chaos, and Hermaeus Mora told us that we need Cat's help."

Serana looked at Cat suspiciously. "So you just followed the orders of yet another Daedra hoping that he was telling you the truth?"

I... honestly couldn't think of a response. Luckily, Cat helped me out.

"Look, he wanted Sheogorath out of his territory. I may not know much about magic, but I do know how animals and people act. When one feels threatened, they'll do whatever they can to get out of the situation. This 'Hermaeus Mora' lost power and territory, so he probably saw us as a means to an end of this whole shitshow."

Serana sighed and was quiet for a moment. Then she spoke up again.

"Alright. Fine." She then walked upstairs, followed by the sound of items being moved.

I looked at Cat, confused, then followed Serana upstairs. The bedroom door was closed, and I could hear her moving around inside.

"Uh... what do you think you're doing?"

After a few moments, Serana opened the door, revealing her costume change. She was now wearing her old red and black vampiric armor, with an elven dagger at her side.

"If you're going off to save the world again, then I'm coming with you."

Cat shook her head. "No, we can take care of this. These beings are dangerous-"

"Which is why you need me," Serana interjected. "Besides, I don't exactly have much else to do, and I have far more experience with these things than you."

Cat looked over at me. I just shrugged. "We could use all the help we can get."

Cat sighed in frustration. "Fine. Whatever."

. . . . .

Cat

After our recent discussion with Torunn's disturbingly hot friend Serana, we decided to get some rest. Serana had left the house, off to get "soul gems" or whatever the fuck wizards need, which left Torunn and me alone in the bedroom, laying on the bed side by side.

"Hey... can I ask you something?" I whispered, trying not to wake up anyone in the house.

"Of course. What is it?"

"Well, I have a bunch of questions, but first, is Serana a... you know..."

"A vampire? Yes. I'm surprised you didn't ask that earlier when she was still here. She's not exactly secretive about it. "

"Well, I didn't want to make her angry. She seems like the kind of chick you wouldn't want on your bad side."

Torunn chuckled softly and turned towards me.

"She's actually pretty nice, once you get to know her."

"Hmm... and you two seem to know each other pretty well..." I muttered.

Torunn shrugged. "I mean, we did save the world together on multiple occasions."

"Yeah..." I was quiet for a moment, but I couldn't keep myself from asking more.

"So... you and Serana..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you two... you know..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

"...what?" Torunn asked, completely oblivious. I shook my head.

"Nevermind. Forget I said anything. I'm tired anyways."

I turned around, facing away from her, and closed my eyes, trying to sleep.

Sorry this chapter is a bit short, but I promise I'll make it up to you next time.
Next chapter will be out soon.