Coronation Pt 1

Five Years Later
(Everyone is now 21, or 22 I did this to progress the story, Dizzy is 18)
Evie
I parked my car and sat there for a second before turning the engine off. I grabbed my bag out of the seat next to me and got out. Last day of school this year, then next year I can graduate. My phone started ringing as I walked to class. I picked it up,
"Hello?" I said and Dizzy's voice was on the other line.
"Evie I'm not going to make it to class, I think I ate something bad last night." She said in a weak voice, I stopped and grew concerned.
"Dizzy do I need to come over?" I shod and she quickly responded,
"Nonono, I'll be fine.. uhh, just go to class.. I'll talk later." She said hanging up. Dizzy was a freshman, and she was taking all advanced classes. But her haste to decline my offer of help was worrying, should I go? I shrugged and walked into class. I was early, this was our last exam and I wanted to get a good grade. I pulled my notes out for a last minute review. I had gotten here before the teacher which worried me, but I trusted he'd show. A couple of minutes later everyone started showing up, then the principal walked in and I knew our test was postponed.
"Umm students, if I may have your attention. You're teacher fell extremely ill last night, but we were able to get someone to help substitute.. uhh.. please be respectful." He finished and let the teacher walk in, she looked new, like she had never done this before. I rolled my eyes and soon we all started the test.
I finished early and handed it to her. She smiled and nodded as I left early. I had somewhere to be, and I wasn't talking about going home. I checked my calendar to make sure I had gotten the date right. I drove home, did my makeup, got in a blue long dress I had made that looked like the dress I wore five years ago for cotillion. I looked at the invite to Mal's coronation, it was from Ben, but he was probably just trying to brag that he had won. I picked it up and walked out to get in the limo that was sent to pick me up. Three hours later we arrived at Auradon. The driver got out and opened the door and all I could see was the flashing of lights.
"Evie is there any reason you fled Auradon five years ago and abandoned your best friend?" I heard one reporter say, and that was the main flow of questions until I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away.
Mal
I was finishing up an interview when I saw another car pull up. People immediately flocked to it, who was here? I tried to see over the crowd but thats when I heard someone.
"Evie is there any reason you fled Auradon five years ago and abandoned your best friend?" Said a reporter and my heart stopped. I shoved through the crowd and grabbed Evie's arm, pulling her away. I led her all the way to the side of the school where no one could see or hear us.
"Evie?!" I said looking into her eyes practically crying. Her eyes widened as she examined who it was her eyes widened. I had cut my hair to my shoulders, and kept my bangs longer.
"Mal.. wow you look.. stunning.." she said and I smiled, blushing slightly then I remembered her running off and leaving me and I grew angry.
"Why did you leave me here five years ago? Do you know how hard that was?!" I said beginning to raise my voice. She backed into the wall a bit scared but before I said or did anything else I got closer to her and kissed her.
" I still love you.." I said backing away. She smiled at me and ran a hand through my hair.
"I thought Ben said you weren't coming.." I said confused and Evie showed me the invite.
"Maybe he wanted me here to see that he had won.. he said the main reason he sent me away was so you'd fall for him, but obviously that didn't work." Evie said pulling me closer.
"I wouldn't have missed this for the world, M.." I said and she smiled at me.
Evie
I leaned forward and kissed Mal, she was shocked at first but then she wrapped her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss.
"Five years.. its to long. Why now though?" She asked with her arms still wrapped around my neck. She was looking at me with pleading eyes and I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Because I'm done waiting, I finished school and I am now searching for a job.. Mal, run away with me.. we can go back to my home in Riverhaven, its a bit small but comfortable.. please.." I said and Mal stepped back.
"Evie.." she said and looked to the floor.
"I can't... I can't just leave, I have responsibilities.. I'm about to become a princess.." she said and I nodded and looked down. I couldn't stand always loosing to Ben.
"Um.. I have to go.." I said walking off Mal grabbed my arm.
"Evie wait, please.." she said and I pulled my arm away.
"You've made your choice." I said pulling my arm away. I walked over to where a limo was arriving.
"Could you take me to this address please." I said handing the driver a piece of paper. Out of the car window I saw Mal standing there looking defeated.