Let Me Go

Mal
"M...?" Evie said, she was sitting with Jane and Lonnie who didn't say a thing. I stood there, Ben wasn't usually scary, but he was when I told him about me and Evie. He sent me to immediately break up our friendship, I was afraid because Evie had been so kind and she was an amazing friend.. but this was best for my relationship right? I stepped closer to her and placed the necklace she had given me in her hand, and turned quickly exiting after saying
"I'm so sorry Evie.." in a partial whisper and I ran off. Ben had found out somehow that the picture between Evie and I was real, he told me it was her or him. I did what was best.. I hope.. I heard crying but I thought it was Evie when I realised it was me. Instead of going back to Ben I ran through the halls until I found myself hiding away in a closet that was well hidden. I curled up crying because I had just lost my best friend. And it was all my fault..
Evie
When Mal handed me the necklace I didn't do anything. So thats her choice then. She ran out of the room sobbing. Jay went to fo after her but I grabbed him by the arm.
"Don't." I said and fell the the floor clutching the necklace. It was a green heart with a dragon on top, I had it made for her to match mine. I put it in my pocket and sat there staring at the floor. I couldn't cry, there was nothing left to cry about.
"Mal chose him.." I said finally and laid down. There wasn't a whole lot I could do. And honestly I didn't want to do anything. I decided to stop, stop the crying, stop the pain. I stood up, fixing my dress and wiping my face. I breathed in deeply and then let it out and pulled the necklace out of my pocket. I walked over to the trash can and dropped it. I then turned and left, I saw a stunned Jay, Lonnie, and Jane. But I kept walking. From that moment forward I decided to officially focus on my work and nothing but that. I had decided exactly what I wanted to do with my future and I knew where I was headed.
Mal
I finally stopped crying and made my way out of the closet, I went back to Ben's room, but he wasn't there I pulled out my phone and had a lot of texts from him
'Mal where are you?'
'Mal please come back.'
'Hello??'
'Is this your way of breaking up with me?!'
'Mal please?!'
'...'
'I'm going to the bar.'
'Whatever..'
And that was the last, they were all sent a minute apart... an hour ago. I ran quickly to the front of the school, because Ben was king he was technically allowed to drink, but it was never a good idea. I managed to get a cab and was driven to the bar, the driver was skeptical about me going to the bar but I showed him the pass from Ben and he drove me there. I found Ben sitting at the bar, he had a beer in front of him, and there were 3 other empty bottles next to him, no one else was around. I growled and walked over to him, I pulled the bottle out of his hand and suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my cheek, I put my hand up to my face and when I pulled it away I was bleeding. Ben had just slapped me, with his ring, which cut my face. My mouth dropped open and I looked at him angrily suddenly he snapped and a look of realisation and regret appeared on his face.
"Oh my god Mal... I'm so sorry." He said going to cradle my face, next thing I knew I slapped his hand away then I slapped him back.
"HOW DARE YOU!" I screamed and exited the bar angry and upset. All I wanted at that point was to be with Evie, she wouldn't do this, she wouldn't have slapped me. Next I knew a drunken Ben stumbled out of the bar and collapsed. I got a taxi driver to help me take him back and carry him to his bed, then I paid the driver and walked into the bathroom. My face wasn't red but there was a bruise and a small cut from the ring. I gat a glass of water and placed it next to Ben's bed, then I left his room and walked to Carlos and Jay's room hoping at least they didn't hate me. When I got there I almost ran into Evie, we both kept our heads down and kept walking, she glanced back though, and I knew because so did I. As I entered Jay and Carlos' room they were about to both yell at me obviously but they must've seen the bruise and stopped.
"What happened?" Jay asked and I looked down.
"Ben." I said and Carlos walked over to hug me. I sat down and began explaining what happened.