Chapter 25

Cameron's POV

My palms sweated as I heard footsteps approaching the door and swiftly turning the nob. Avery stood there with a blank expression. At first she studied me, and I could feel a knot forming in my stomach.

She nodded at me, acknowledging my presence.

"We need to talk," I breathed, looking at my red vans. If I looked at her, I was afraid she'd blow up on me like a balloon full of air that has been released. Everything piled up for her like the air, and if I were her I would of had enough. That's what I deserve, she's given me too many chances.

Instead, she twiddled with her fingers, "I know."

I missed her voice. She opened the door wider so I could come in. I hurried through, and she closed the door, leading me to a family room. It was decent size with a flat screen hanging from the wall with an entertainment center beneath it. Shelves of movies were lined up besides the entertainment center. Leather couches were angled towards the TV and the walls were painted a deep red

"Listen, none of this was suppos-" I tried to explain, but Avery's voice cut me off.

"I know. Shawn told me," she smiled weakly. Thank the lord and heavens for Shawn, he was such a good friend.

"So you're not mad?" I questioned. I was shocked. I deserved to be yelled at. But no, her voice was calm.

"Well.. I'm not mad. I'm just hurt," she shrugged, avoiding eye contact. Her eyes wandered to mine, but when our eyes met, she quickly looked away.

"Oh," I sniffed, "Avery, we've got to work this out."

"Cameron, I don't know if we should. I don't know if we're ever going to be what we were. Because I'm always the one who ends up hurt," Pain flooded her voice as my heart snapped. I could tell it pained her to say that. But we needed each other.

"No. We have to. I need you," I pleaded.

"Well, Cameron, you should of said that six fucking months ago!" She was right. She's right about everything. I'm no good for her. "Just let me think."

"You don't need to think Avery, just hear me out," I began getting slightly annoyed. I honestly really liked her. "Okay. After you left, I went to talk to Bart. He told me you left, and I was devastated. I asked him if I could come and see you, but he said no. Not until after magcon," I sighed, looking into her crystal blue eyes. She avoided eye contact.

"Cameron," she shrugged, "I forgive you, but I don't think we're ever going to work."

My breath hitched and I felt as if I'd ran a few miles. I held back my tears.

"No," I whispered "Don't-"

She combed her hair out of her face, interrupting me, "Let me think," she stumbled on her words, "But until I do, I think you should go,"

I nodded, standing up and walking to the door with my head hung low. Why do I always mess everything up?

a/n
HEY LOVELIES THANKS FOR READING ILY ALL!