Chapter 12

Its been 2 weeks. 2 fucking weeks. We've been trapped in this minivan, never returning home or going anywhere but public restrooms and grocery stores. There's not even that much to eat anymore since we have nowhere to prepare food. Mom took a 'break' from work. So that's why we can't afford a hotel room.

I was forced to leave my car behind. Mom says that when things calm down we can go back. I guess we just needed a break from everything.

Its also been 2 weeks with no Cameron. He's been texting me a lot but Mom says its best if I don't answer for awhile. She says I need to take some time away from everyone after what happened.

What have we been eating? Junk food. And the occasional McDonalds or Chick-fil-a. We've drank nothing but water bottles, and they're usually pretty warm from the temperature outside.

I haven't gone to school. Mom signed me up for online school instead, after the 'incident'. I spend most of the day on my phone or my Macbook. Has Josh tried to contact us? Not once. I bet his dick is up another girls ass since he doesn't care whatsoever that my mom is gone.

My mom is an emotional wreck. She's been in a bitchy mood and I've gotten quite afraid of her. But I bet I would be that upset, too.

I hate being trapped in here. Its like the walls are closing in on me, and that's probably the worst feeling in the world. You know, when you feel nauseous and you get that pain in the pit of your stomach.

I haven't heard from Zoe. Not even one fucking phone call. I bet she's glad I'm gone. I bet she has more popularity and friends. I always held her back anyways. But I still couldn't help but miss her, I missed gossiping and I missed being around her.

Me and my mom are getting more depressed as the days go by. The van is silent except for the silent curses coming from my mom. I felt quite sorry for her. She often cried, she wanted this marriage to last more than anything.

Now she has to file a divorce.

Reading Cameron's texts shatters my heart. It hurts so bad ignoring him. I can't do it anymore. I guess that's what its like to truly miss someone. But the most recent one shattered my heart.

From: Cameron

I miss you so much. I'm so worried about you, please come home.

There were 245 other texts from him. I knew that I needed to talk to him.

"I need some air," I told my mom as I grabbed my iPhone and exited the car. She didn't answer, she was asleep.

I quickly dialed Cams number, tapping my foot as I waited for him to pick up.

"Avery? Where are you!" Cameron yelled, panic evident in his voice.

"Cam, I'm okay. I just really just need you here right now. My step dad cheated on my mom and now she's really depressed. We've been living in a car for two weeks. Please come," I beg. I really need one of his famous hugs.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes," Cam sighed and hung up.

A/N
Thanks for 1k reads omfg I'm so happy I never thought I'd have any readers aha.