Chapter 8

Cameron's POV

I decided to go over and check on Avery since she never answered my text. I tied red vans on my feet and headed over. The California weather was extremely warm so I wouldn't need a coat.

I knocked on her door, and Josh answered. Josh was the one person I didn't want to talk to, so I nodded at him and slid by him, up to Avery's room.

Her door was wide open, so I entered. She wasn't in there.
Must be in the bathroom. I thought.

While I waited for her to come out, I wandered around her room. As I looked at her desk, I noticed a letter with my name on it, around 4 papers under it.

I started reading them and my heart broke. They were suicide letters. And they were dated today. That's why she's not answering my text.

I bolted to the locked door, pounding on it.

I was screaming, yelling, begging her to stop, but got nothing. "I love you," I whispered before grabbing my phone and dialing 911.

"This is 911, what's your emergency?" the lady asked.

"COME TO 281 WILLOW VALLEY, MY GIRLFRIEND JUS ATTEMPTED SUICIDE PLEASE HELP!" "(A/N fake address!)

"Okay, were on our way now!"

I started to sob. She could be dead, and its my fault. I should've helped her more. I heard sirens from outside, and they rushed into the house. They reached Avery's room, and busted the door down. They brought her out of the bathroom, but I didn't bare look at her, it was too painful. They hurried her onto a gurney and a man came over to me.

"If you'd like to visit, come to hospital number 219. She should be okay, shes just going to need to go to physical therapy and maybe a special school." he informed me.

I nodded, "As long as shes okay."

I hurried to the hospital as soon as their car left.

Thoughts kept flooding through my brain.
Its all your fucking fault, Cameron. Good going.

I hurried to the front desk.

"Where's Avery Jennings?" I questioned.

"219, but she's in poor condition and she's barely alive. She should be here for awhile until we can release her, when she fell after attempting, she hit her head on the floor, causing a concussion."

I nodded and hurried to her room.

She wasn't awake yet, so I texted all the boys. I needed them right now.
To: Shawn, Taylor, Nash, Aaron, Carter, Hayes, Jack G, Jack J, Bart, Matt

Hey guys, I really need all of you guys right now. Meet me at the hospital and ask for Avery Jennings.

Matt: Oh God Cameron we'll be right there.

I waited, and waited for them to arrive. I gripped Avery's hand.

"Avery, I am so sorry about everything. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be happy, gorgeous," I whispered.

She looked so peaceful, she wasn't moving, she just laid still.

All nine boys arrived, and helped to cheer me up.