I'm Here

Debbie and Shannon just left the venue as quickly as possible. Shannon texted Miles and Rebecca about her situation so they can at least help her explain her situation. She didn't want to leave them hanging. Shannon immediately bought flight tickets and went on board on the quickest way to Cammie. While she was in the airplane, she felt so anxious. Her heart is beating fast. Her heart is clenching. She rolled her fingers up making a fist and breathe in and out in a quick pace.

Her mom aware of what is happening to Shannon. She is having a panic attack. Debbie pulled her head down to her shoulder, held her tight, rubbing circles on her back and trying to calm her down. Shannon finally calmed herself down. Once they reached, Shannon bolted out from the plane to the main entrance and got into a taxi and straight to the hospital. When she was there, she ran into the hospital and found Cammie's family and Kara loitering around the corridor waiting for Cammie to come out of the surgery room.

Sandie was sitting on the floor sobbing while Cammie's dad is comforting her. Shannon knew the situation was bad. She walked towards Sandie slowly. When she got close, Sandie looked up, got up and pulled Shannon into a tight hug.

Sandie: You came.

Shannon: I will always be there for Cammie. Always.

Sandie smiled with mascara running down her eyes. Shannon returned a small smile trying to comfort her. Everyone waited and waited for almost an hour and the doctor finally came out. Everyone rushed towards the doctor. The doctor told them that the surgery was successful but she needs to be monitored in the hospital. Shannon felt the whole weight of the world suddenly lifted off her shoulders. The doctor told them that only one visitor will be allowed because the patient needed to rest.
Shannon volunteer to stay with Cammie. Sandie wanted to argue over it because she wanted to stay with Cammie but she decided that it might be best for everyone if Shannon stayed. Kara just stood there awkwardly watching them argue who should stay. She felt like an outsider. She also felt jealous that Shannon is more a part of Cammie's family than she is. Once they decision had been made, everyone went back, including Kara leaving Cammie with Shannon. Although Kara felt that she should be the one who should stay with Cammie since she is her girlfriend but she didn't want to stir up any heat so she just let it be.

Shannon opened the door slowly to make sure that she won't wake Cammie up. She stood beside her bed and just watched her sleeping peacefully. She haven't seen this for a very long time. She missed it. Cammie sleeping face was her favourite. She just smiled softly and looking at her in awe. She grabbed a chair and sat beside Cammie's bed. She took Cammie's hand in hers and dropped a light kisses on it. She finally let out a long breath. Breath that she didn't know she was holding. She rested her chin on their hand started telling Cammie stories about her tour. Although Cammie is still deep in sleep, she just did it anyways. After talking and talking for a long time, she finally felt so tired she drifted off to sleep as well.