Chapter-13

Mac was back in pack house and Zia was asking him about his mate. He was head over heels in love with her. 

"I am scared for her. Someone's trying to hurt her," Mac seemed genuinely concerned.

"I understand Mac but you are being paranoid. You need to give her some space," Zia said trying to reason him. It wasn't a good thing to crowd someone. Zia knew she never liked when Mia use to boss her around and then Jordan came and everything changed. Damn that Jordan. She will not think about him.

"I have to be paranoid. You don't know. My father had a bad reputation. He made enemies with all other tribes Jordan has managed to make friends with some but most of them still want to destroy our pack. Specifically me and my mate," Mac said raking his hand through his hair.

Mac and I was interrupted by Jordan walking in on them.
He silently sat beside them. He looked pissed for some unknown reason.
"What's up Man?" Mac greeted him.

"What are you doing in pack house? Aren't you suppose to be with your mate or you just don't care that she is being hunted?" Jordan said more calmly than he looked.

"What the hell Man. I came to ask for your help here," Mac said standing up in shock.

"Than shouldn't you be in my office rather than goofing around here," Jordan stood up too.

"What is up with you lately? Rick mentioned something last week I thought he was kidding," Mac said frowning at Jordan.

"Your mate is being hunted and all you care about is gossip. Let me just inform you that some rouges are appointed by blood pack. And while you are chatting with her," he said pointing towards Zia, " your mate is probably being kidnapped by two rogues," Jordan said looking straight at Mac.
Jordan was a sadist he had to be. He knew Mac will go mad with worry till he reaches his mate. Zia actually felt bad for Mac. She gave Jordan an angry look as Mac rushed out of pack house to his mate.

"He already has a mate," Jordan stated.

"What do you mean by that?" Zia asked furious, "I know he has a mate. You think I will hit on him? You think I have no morals?"

"I don't know you enough to say anything," Jordan calmly stated as he stood up and calmly left for his room.

Jordan needed to get a hold of his emotions. He couldn't control himself from strangling any man that came near Zia if Rick wasn't enough Mac had to add to that. How come she talked so nicely to them but wanted to just flee when he was around. What if she likes Mac more than him after all he was a moon wolf. God no, he needs to stop the flow of his thoughts.

Few days later Mac came back to meet Jordan. He needed to ask Jordan for help.

"We need to attack blood pack. Warn them to not to mess with us," Mac said standing in front of Jordan's desk.

"This is not the right time to attack," Jordan said trying to reason him.

"Than what is? My mate is being hunted," Mac said angrily.

"Gorge is the new Alpha of the blood pack and he will do anything in his power to destroy us. He doesn't think straight, if we go after him now we will lose many of our people the sensible thing to do right now would be to strategize," Jordan said moving in front of his desk.

"Do your fucking strategizing, but if Cindy gets even a scratch on her I swear to god I will myself rip the head off of each and every member of blood pack." Mac stormed outside the room slamming the door behind him.

Jordan looked at door and shook his head taking a sigh of irritation. "Zia I know you are eavesdropping," Jordan said catching Zia red handed. She came out from behind the door and stood up in front of Jordan.

"Why didn't you tell me that Gorge is the new Alpha?" Zia asked angrily.

"It's none of your business," Jordan said looking dead in her eyes.

"Of course it's my business, it's my pack we are talking about." Zia said looking him in the eye too.

Jordan moved so fast it was hard to comprehend. "That is not your fucking pack this is. If I hear you say that one more time I swear to god I will kill you like the way I will kill your father and that cousin of yours," Jordan said angrily holding her chin harshly between his fingers.

"No one wants them to die more than me," Zia said in his hands.

"Good," Jordan prompted as he let her go.

"I morn her death as much as you do you know," Zia said as he turned back towards his desk chair.

Jordan stopped in his tracks. "I know, she loved you a lot too. She never stopped talking about you," Jordan said in a low voice remembering the woman he thought was his mate. She was the sweetest thing he had ever seen in his life. She made him feel content unlike Zia who raised storm inside him. He couldn't find anything similar between the sisters even though they were twins. Mia was shy and quiet and Zia was defiant and a brat. His palm etched to straighten her up to submission but he restrained.

"She did? What did she tell you about me?" Zia asked feeling eager.

"Nothing to warn me about you," Jordan said turning around.

There we go again with the slut shaming , Zia thought.

"I am gonna leave," she said as she turned to walk towards the door.

There she goes again, Jordan thought. Why did the slightest mention of their being mate depressed her so much? Jordan did know. God Mia why didn't you warn me about your intolerable sister, he thought.

"You have to acknowledge it someday you know," he said it thinking about the fact that she was trying so hard to ignore the connection between them. He finally addressed the elephant in the room.

Zia stopped in her tracks. She turned and looked at him frowning.

"What are you talking about?"she asked.

ranoZT