Chapter-4

Jordan was pretty darn happy after meeting his mate but as he entered his pack house he knew something was wrong. Everyone had gathered at the living room looking all tense. His father's loud voice could be heard from the first floor. Mac was at home, Jordan recognised the smell of his brother immediately. No wonder his father was going ballistic. Mac got on his nerves more than anyone in this clan.

"You cannot give up your responsibilities for that half breed," their father yelled at Mac. Although the office was at the far end of  the first floor, closed by a heavy wooden door yet his father’s sound vibrated throughout the mansion.

"Mac is in trouble again?" Jordan asked Rose, his step mother. Mac was Jordan's stepbrother but they were closer than actual brothers. Mac was moon wolf, one of a kind, the strongest creature of earth. It was the only reason why his wolf was such a roge animal. Their desperately wanted him to be the alpha. Heck even Jordan wanted him to be the alpha but he didn’t. He didn’t like being around people, to lead them was out of question.  

Things changed for Mac last year when he found his mate. A half-breed whose father was a werewolf but mother was a human. Damn rare just like him. He had to stay with her family to give her protection from rival Packs. As a vulnerable female she would be an easy target and Mac’s wolf was well aware of it.

"He came a few minutes ago and your father his already getting on his nerves." Rose answered. Rose never had a good relationship with their father, not since Jordan’s mom. Jordan’s biological mom was their father’s mate, he found her after he was already married to rose. He married Jordan’s mom anyway, Rose had nowhere to go and she had to stay at the Pack house and see her husband sleeping with a different woman. After the death of Jordan’s mother, his father wanted to get back with Rose but she wasn’t the kind of woman to fall for his fake love. Rose was the luna now, but she didn’t consider herself as the alpha’s mate

"Mac, look at me when I am talking to you," Their father snapped. Jordan could almost see the scenario in the Alpha’s office. Mac on chair in front of their father, looking everywhere at him. Mac couldn’t stand the alpha, he had seen his mother suffer for years. He had seen how he treated her. No matter how much their father loved Mac, he knew it was all a show. He loved the power that come with being the father of a Moon wolf and nothing else. If it wasn’t for Jordan, Mac would have left the Pack house a long time ago. He couldn’t leave his younger in the hell hole all by himself.

"Dad I never agreed to be the Alpha," Jordan heard Mac say.

"You do not choose that. I do. Mate that human female and get settled here,"

"She is not of age, dad." Mac’s voice was straining with anger.

"How old is she 10?" Alpha asked sounding irritated.

"She is only 16," Mac answered.

"I have fucked many sixteen years olds. What are you waiting for?"

There was a loud bang on the door followed by Mac dashing out of the office and walking outside the packhouse. Jordan followed right behind him. Their father went too far today.

Although Mac was older by two years, it Jordan who had put sense into his mind most times if not always.

“Wait,” Jordan stopped Mac.

“What?” Maac snapped. “You heard how he spoke.”

“You know, what he is like. Don’t go. Mom was waiting to meet you the whole month.”

Everyone in the pack knew if someone qualified as future alpha than it was Jordan. He was intelligent, strong, very social and a leader in every sense. Even as a kid Jordan had an authority about him, people tend to get hooked onto every word he said. Everyone believed in him except his father. He gave more importance to strength. It was the only reason why he wanted Mac to be the alpha. So the rival pack be scared of them. Although Jordan was his mate’s son he had always ignored him, never considered him as a perspective of alpha.

“I have to go,” Mac shook his head looking sad before dashing off.

"This boy. He has shit in his head," Alpha said walking out in frustration.

"Jordan, good you are here. I want your help with pack work," his father motioned him to follow after him. Being an Alpha required a lot of work. Working an entire community of shapeshifters wasn’t an easy task. The paperwork, the finances everything had to be taken care of.

There was disappointed murmur in the crowd as he followed his father up in the office. His family didn't appreciate the way the Alpha used him. They wanted him to object. Jordan could, he wasn’t scared of his father but he was scared for his people. If he left the pack his people will be the one suffering. There would be no one to take care of the pack. Their reputation of being the strongest pack will be lost.

Jordan was going through Pack financial documents when he saw his phone bazz with Mac’s id.

"Mac," Jordan picked up the phone.

"Why don't you just tell him you want to be the Alpha?" Mac said angrily.

"You heard him today. We do not decide who will be the Alpha. He will," Jordan added feeling irritated.

"That's bullshit. You and I both know, making me the Alpha is a disaster waiting to happen. I bet even now you are going his work."

Jordan looked down at the paperwork and winced. He couldn't deny how accurate Mac was. He closed his eyes and sighed in frustration.

"Look Mac, I need to go to sleep. I have school tomorrow. We'll talk about it later."

"Sure Jordan, just run away," Mac sighed taking defeat. "Alright. Take care. Bye"