And that made her go into a raged defense mode. The thought of other soldiers thinking they'll help the nation, when actually they'll  be tricked into becoming nothing more than test subjects that will never get up from the lab table once they laid on it... No. 

She wasn't going to let that happen. Even if he was threatening her with the well being of other comrades. She knew that either way, whether it was going to be her or one of the other few like her which is very little, or a regular young soldier that would have no idea that it was just a death sentence... Dr. Burke was going to get what he wanted, and he knew it.

"Are you threatening me by attempting to use the lives of soldiers that haven't had one single ounce of mutation done to them to experiment on if I don't agree to join your program?! Knowing full and well that they wouldn't survive it?!" She stalked towards him slowly with her hands balled up into fists at her sides now. Her jaw was clenched as her eyes narrowed to the point where she felt like they could slit through his skull.

He held his ground and straightened up. Putting both hands behind his back like a proper butler; with a mild smirk on his face that she was ready to smack off.

"That's one way to look at it. I'm merely stating the facts of what could happen and what will happen to certain individuals. Despite whatever decision you choose to make." He said in a calm and threatening tone, holding his posture as he looked at her with a cocky facial expression.

" knew I never liked him." She thought to herself. 

She was up in his face now almost at eye level with him. Glaring with her wintery ice blue eyes down into his mature and aged dark brown eyes, with sinister plans behind them.

She was a few inches taller than him but with her armor on made it even more intimidating. She was easily 6' 5" and Dr Burke was naturally about 5' 9". Since she had experienced the most extensive and invasive physical augmentations, starting augmentation at early pubescent age increased her physical mass and height by adult age.  Along with any others that had experiments and augmentations done on them at a young age had similar heights, but males were usually taller being around 7 feet tall or even taller. 

She was about ready to grab him by the throat and slam him against the wall. But she knew she'd up in a serious predicament knowing doctor Burke had high authority and was a head 'honcho' of the military science department and was the one responsible for creating the genetic mutations that made her what she is today... Along with the other few who were 'lucky' enough to be mutated as well. That's right, she did her research on him.

She knew she had to restrain herself and she knew what​ she had to do.

So she took a deep breath and with every fiber in her being she swallowed her pride and said-

"Where do we start."

Characters/ translations:

-Dr burke:  Head scientist, MAD scientist, Head honcho of the science department'.
The picture below is  reference of what he looks like. 

-Katastrophis: Main character

-Katastrophis: Main character. Her name is rooted from the word- "Catastrophic" which means: "involving or causing sudden great damage or suffering."
She earned her name due to the amount of damage and pain she inflicted upon others during training and on her enemies during battle. You'll get to know what she looks like later on more so.

Special shout out to dannybowtie and wilddasies who gave feedback and encouragement to keep going

Special shout out to dannybowtie and wilddasies who gave feedback and encouragement to keep going. Thanks guys!

Disclaimers:
Don't own the pictures used I just edit them a bit to fit the story.

The cover of the book was created by me. The images within the cover are not mine. Don't use the cover without permission.

Anyways enjoy and see you in the next chapter!