Chapter 26: Dracula's Dance. Part II.

Chapter 26: Dracula’s Dance. Part II.

Eliese

We arrived at the concert venue, standing amongst the crowd of people who were hyped up to see the Architects. Some people wore costumes, since it is in fact Halloween. Some crazier than others, it was fun to look at everyone. After dinner, Frank and I had gotten ready to attend this concert. I had traded my previous outfit for tight fitting jeans and a t-shirt that displayed Banksy’s artwork upon it. Banksy is one of my favorite artists, Frank is quite fond of Banksy’s artwork as well. We’re into street art, but most of all, I love his art because each piece holds a message. It has meaning.

The band, we’ve been waiting to see were playing aggressively on stage. I stood next to Frank, rocking out to the music and enjoying my time here. Frank looked thrilled to be here as well, like this was a real treat for him. I’m happy that I can make him happy. Rae and the others were having a blast as well; it was evident on their faces.

I felt Frank’s hand wrap around my waist as he stood next to me, I looked in his direction, our eyes matching up. He smiled as he bobbed his head.

“Thanks again, for all of this. Veramente soddisfatto.” He spoke over the music; I nodded my head with an innocent smile.

“E indisciplinati ancora.” I rested my head on his shoulder for a moment. He hugged me tightly, then let go. Our attention was put back to the phenomenal band playing onstage. It was a very intimate, in your face concert. I like these kinds of shows. These gigs are ones I remember. The ones where I remember what I wore, what I smelled and all of what I saw.

After the show, we hung out back and chatted with the guys of the Architects. Pictures were taken and fun was had. All of us were still energetic from the concert. Everyone’s hair looked like a mess, but our eyes were sparkling and our smiles were wide.

Everyone was telling the group original jokes, making all of us laugh till’ our stomachs ached. Frank, Bob and Alicia in particular were making us laugh with their funny punch lines. We pranced down the sidewalk of the city, the night’s stars were out and the moon was holding its place high up in the sky. I breathed in the bittersweet air, grinning as Frank held my hand. The street lamps lights shone down on his face, illuminating his face.

We decided to not have anything to drink. None of us were up for it. We don’t need to drink, or be drunk to have a good time. Gerard coddled Rae and held her hand up ahead of us. I could see the back of Rae’s jean jacket from here, the Creature from the Black Lagoon patch stuck out like a flashing neon sign. Ray and Christa walked together behind us, giggling together. Mikey and Alicia were walking hand in hand along the very edge of the sidewalk, chatting quietly to one another. Bob was the lone wolf, behind all of us. He walked, occasionally yanking his phone out of his jacket pocket to respond to a text message.

As we strolled along side of the street to reach our vehicles’, I noticed something from the corner of my eye. I stopped in my tracks, causing Frank to do the same. A young guy, maybe in his early twenties stood in an alley, facing the brick wall of an industrial building. I watched him as he reached for something small at his feet, he shook it. I then realized it was a can of spray paint, and he was going to put it to use. A large smile crossed my face. A fluttering feeling occurred in my tummy, making me feel reckless. Everyone had noticed that me and Frank had stopped walking, waltzing towards us with curiosity. I looked up at Frank, he wore a mischievous smile.

“What’s going on, guys?” Mikey asked, his eyebrows pulled together as one of his hands was hidden in his coat pocket. No one asked more questions, as they could see the young man down the alley spraying the wall with color. They all stared at him as he did his thing.