Chapter 15: Mama Bear and Baby Bear....s?

Chapter 15: Mama Bear and Baby Bear….s?

Eliese

3 Months Later…

It's been three months since I left Frank. He didn't come chasing after me; he didn't call me, nothing. It's a bad thing, and a good thing. I thought that's what I wanted, for him to never talk to me again, to just forget about me. But something inside of me wants him to come after me and tell me everything is going to be okay. But that's not going to happen. I blew it. It makes me really sad to know that I finally found happiness and I threw it away.

I miss seeing the guys, I miss Frank's apartment, and I miss spending the night at his place and waking up next to him. My mom and sister are really supporting me with this pregnancy. They're great. My mom decided that she wasn’t going to get the law involved because Frank was no long apart of my dysfunctional life. My grades in school have been slipping, and I just want to give up already. I want to drop out, but everyone would be so disappointed in me. Not that they aren’t already. They all thought of all people I would be the most responsible of my mother’s children.

Jen has completely turned around and made new friends and is doing much better in school than she was before. My mom has been doing fantastic with being there, she broke down a couple times, but me and Jen where always there for her when she would fall apart. Nick called me about a month ago and apologized for Veronica's behavior. It was totally fine, it's not like it matters anymore. I told my mom, Jen, gran, Nick and Rae about me and Frank of course. They were upset for me, but didn't make a huge deal out of it for my sake, except for Rae. She was hurt for me, and knew how hard this was on me. But I hurt her. She’s my best friend and I hurt her. Rae hasn’t left my side since I told her I left Frank.

 I frequently look back on what my life was like before I met Frank. I would be a totally different person, in a totally different situation right now if I hadn't met him. Even though we are no longer together, I keep him in my heart, where he will stay forever. I'm carrying his child that I love deeply. The baby was a complete surprise, a pleasant surprise.

I sat in the living room, it was a sunny Saturday. The weather was hot and I was staying cool in a loose t-shirt and shorts. I am 4 months along with my pregnancy and showing it. I'm surprised I'm this big. I'm craving foods I normally hate and shockingly, my morning sickness isn't bad at all. I haven't even been to the doctor yet, I know, I'm bad. I didn't have time to make an appointment with school and work. I saved up quite a bit of money and bought a car last month along with Rae. I was so happy I made enough money to buy one in time for the baby's arrival. I set up an appointment today at 3:00, and its 2:15 right now. My mother is at work, but Jen and Rae said they would come with me for the appointment, which is wonderful.

I got dressed in suitable clothing for the doctor appointment, I wore a t-shirt that was snug on me, a nice pair of Capri's and tied my hair into a messy bun. Rae walked right into the apartment while I got ready.

"Are we taking your car?" I called to her from the bathroom as I applied some mascara to my eyelashes, and some blush to my cheeks, giving my pale face some color.

"Yeah, we're taking my car." She yelled back. Jen walked into the bathroom, wearing a cute pair of jean shorts and a purple tank top. She had stripped her hair of the dark hair dye and now was back to her natural hair color, a light brown.

"Are you almost ready?" She smiled at me as she leaned on the door frame.

"Yep, I'm ready." I replied and pranced out of the bathroom, slipping on my flip-flops and grabbing my purse. Rae stood by the door in a long, light flowing skirt and a tank top. Today, she wore contacts, so her eyes looked bright and wide-open without the glasses on that she normally wears. After I left Frank, Rae ended things with Gerard for my sake. I was pissed that she did that for me, but it's her life and it was her decision, so there was no stopping her. I feel awful that they broke up, but she didn't seem tore up about it, which I know is an act. She bottles things up, so I'm a little worried about her. She knows she can tell me anything, so I'm just waiting for her to come to me. I don't want to jump on the subject.