Musical Mayham

Lightning and thunder roared in the night sky but there was no rain coming from the dark grey clouds as Dayla fought off Ember MacLaine on the roof of Casper High. In the corner Danny was an almost unconscious in his human form trying to get back up to help Dayla and the antenna was sending off purple waves into the sky as Paulina climbed the antenna in a yellow dress that went to her knees and in one of her hands was a small square device with a red light flashing on it.

PAULINA'S VOICE OVER

I bet your wondering why I'm up here climbing an antenna during a lightning and thunder storm? Why I'm helping Danny and Dayla in one of their ghost fights? Let's just say these past few weeks have been...well...really life changing for me.

You're probably also wondering what's with the costume I'm wearing? Well believe it or not, we're in currently in the middle of the intermission for our annual school musical but I'm getting ahead of myself. Everything all started seven weeks ago in our regular Drama class....

SEVEN WEEKS EARLIER

Paulina was sitting in Drama class at her desk, staring dreamingly at Danny once again. Ever since she found out that Danny Phantom and Danny Fenton was the same person after the Disasteroid incident, she was more determined to have him as her boyfriend but every time she asked him out he would always say no.

Not to mention that ever since Danny and Dayla revealed their secrets to the world, the A-listers pretty much stopped bullying altogether and even started becoming friends with people she would never even think of hanging out with such as Mikey, Valerie, Lester and all the other who she dubbed as geeks and losers

She then looked at his actual girlfriend Sam Manson and glared at her as she groaned in her head, "Just what does he see in her?"

She then watched Dayla walk in with Andrew and also said in her head, "Oh yes. There's the freak of the entire junior class. I can't believe I also was a fan of that art freak!"

Mr Lancer then walked in the classroom with a bright smile on his face and said, "Good morning class. Now we won't actually be in the classroom today, in a few minutes we're all going to go to the auditorium to start auditions. As you all know, we have the Casper High's yearly Junior Drama class musical coming up in seven weeks and we need to start rehearsals beginning this week after school, so for today's class were gonna audition and cast the parts for everyone in the class and tomorrow I will announce them in class and hand you the scripts. This year we're gonna do; Wicked the Musical"

Dayla smiled at the sound of that, she had always been a fan of the Broadway musical ever since she saw it when she went on a trip to New York Andrew and his mum to go and see it. Everyone followed Mr Lancer to the auditorium and sat down in the chairs as he passed them all different sheet music of each song.

The auditions then started with Paulina. Mr Lancer then asked, "Have you decided on a part you want to audition for or are you just going to sing one of the songs?"

Paulina smiled and said, "I have decided to audition for the part of Glinda and the song I'll sing is Popular"

Mr Lancer nodded and then started playing the piano according to the sheet music and Paulina began to sing.

Popular

You're gonna be popular

I'll teach you the proper poise when you talk to boys

Little ways to flirt and flounce ooh!

I'll show what shoes to wear

How to fix your hair