Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my!" a hoarse voice exclaimed, my head snapped to a sight I did not expect in a hundred years...never.

Jake was leaning on a house with one hand pressed on the stone wall, an elderly lady between him and the wall, an interesting distant between them.

I got the chills from the sight.

Oh, my god, he is becoming desperate....

Help the old lady before our mate kills her with his terrible pickup lines!

"Hello Granny, do you bake pies?" Jake asked with a seductive smirk on his lips.

Is it bad that I want to make sure he never has kids...even if I am his mate?

...be careful, the old lady seems to have the same thought in mind.

The old lady was holding her solid looking handbag ready to hit, she smiled awkwardly at Jake "yeah.."

He chuckled hoarsely, which was damn sexy I have to admit "Can I have a taste of your pie-" No no no no JAKE!

"AHOO! JAKEY BOO!" I screamed wide in alert, the old lady took that as an opportunity to escape from this awkward situation, she brushed past me giving me a grateful smile.

He tilted his head, bringing out his bottom lip pouting at me "Hey! I almost had her!"

"Jake...you are a horrible player" I shook my head bursting out laughing.

"That is not true," he snorted, "the ladies loooove me" he wiggled his eyebrows which just fueled my laughter. It was kind of cute how he tries to make me jealous.

I wiped away my tears "Look-" My chuckle died down, he was gone again.

This is not funny Jake Anderson, grr.

I am seriously getting a headache from running around.

Find him! Fast! He hit on mature woman, elder ones...the next is younger....

He might have a fever but he wouldn't hit on little girls...it is more likely that he will hit on Zaire.

..true.

I was about to turn on a corner, Jake's voice struck me "Oh you like lollipops? How about-"

"NO!" I jumped around the corner

I met the eyes of a dark-haired woman who had a lollipop box in her hands...a whole box..she must either like lollipops or has a lot of children.

Jake was about to run again but I was him a step ahead and swiftly grabbed him by shirt collar before he got a step away. I gave the woman a tight smile as she crept out of the situation.

"Jake...you should rest..." the worry in my voice clear.

"Nah, I feel great" he got out of my grip and strode ahead, I followed him closely a tired sigh left my lips.

"You should stop attempting to flirt, you are a terrible flirter" I scoffed at him.

"Oh, am I?" He stopped in his tracks and I walked right into him, my nose colliding with his hard back.

"what was that for?" I held my red nose.

In a blink of an eye, he wrapped his arm around my waist, his free hand under my chin forcing me to look up to him. My breath hitched at the none-existent space between our bodies. I was firmly pressed against him. The beating of my heart very prominent heard in my ears.

A gasp left my parted lips as his lips lightly brushed the sensitive skin of my neck, heat spreading through my body concentrating on my cheeks. Tortuous sparks along his feather like touch. I bit my lip to stop the moan trying to escape. His hand on my waist wandered up slowly. He pulled his head back his eyes laced with confusion.