Chapter 2-Out of Choices

Hey Guys! Okay so I really like this story and I think it is one of my best so far and definitely the best that I have on Wattpad. So...if you guys are looking for some really heavy guyxguy action then you won't really find that here. Frankly as and author I don't get that into the action but especially on this story I don't. Is there a love interest in the future for Jay? Yeah sure. But the main focus is on his family and the struggles that he faces. Please keep reading though because I think that you could really like it!

Chapter 2-Out of Choices

                After school and after football practice it was a rush to get home as usual. Cameron and I sprinted to the van and I broke the speed limit all the way to the daycare. Each day after school Cassidy would walk from the middle school to the elementary school to meet Maddie and then they would walk to Kaitee’s daycare together and wait there for Cam and I to get done.

                I ran into the building, signed the piece of paper at Shelia’s desk that said I was taking the girls now and Then I scooped Kaitee up in my arms and turned to go. “I know that your boss is my husband but you really can’t be late all of the time.” Shelia called after me and that only made me move faster. If there had been an event at the Olympics for buckling a five year old into a booster seat as fast as physically possible…I would be a gold medalist by now.

                When everyone was buckled I drove home as fast as possible trying and mostly succeeding at staying under the speed limit. I had four mouths to feed, I could NOT afford a speeding ticket. When we got home I quickly let the kids in the house. “There is some macaroni and cheese that you can make in the cupboard.” I told Cassidy because Cameron could NOT cook. She nodded. “Cam, you know what to do if he even looks at you funny.” I said holding up the prepaid cell phone that I had bought for myself so that they could get in touch with me while I was at work. He nodded and I flew out the door. I jumped in the car and sped down the road. I ran into the auto shop, threw on my uniform and now crouched next to a car panting as I changed the tire on a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer.

                I have never worked harder in my life than I did that night. I was just cleaning up when Ross came out of his office. “Jay, can we talk for a second?” I sighed, knowing this was coming. I silently prayed that I would not get fired.

                “Yeah sure thing boss.” Yeah I know, Ross is the boss. The guys give him a lot of shit over it.

                “Jay, I know that times are tough for you and your family. I know that you are doing your best but frankly I need a mechanic that can show up on time. I stuck my neck out for you, no auto shop owner in their right mind would have hired a twelve year old. But Sheila promised me that you were a hard worker.”

                “And I appreciate that sir, I really do.”

                “You are a hard worker Jaydon, the hardest working guy here. But today you were fifteen minutes late.”

                “Sir I’m sorry I had to pick the kids up.”

                “I know you did Jay, and I think that it’s great how you take care of your family. But this can’t keep happening every day or I will have to let you go.” He sighed. I nodded.

                “I understand sir.”

                “Isn’t there anyone else that can pick the kids up?” I shook my head. “Find someone Jay, make it work. Don’t make me fire you, you’re the best that I’ve had in a long time.”