Chapter 14

"Okay, here's the plan. We'll go stop by at McDonald's or something real quick then go jump off a bridge a couple times and then you can tell me what went down between you and Skylar that I wasn't here for. Sound good?"

My face automatically burns red at the mention of Skylar's name and I give Nash a confused look, "What?"

He looks up from his luggage after tossing a shirt over his shoulder, "What do you mean 'what'?"

"What do you mean what do I mean 'what'? We're talking but I have no idea what about."

"Oh! Oh yeah, didn't I tell you? Youtube sent me an e-mail the other day. I hit 2 million subscribers! Like holy shit, that's 2 million people!!! That's an army big enough to conquer Canada."

I wait for him to explain the relevance this has to what we were talking about 2 seconds ago, but he just continues to look at me with an excited expression. "...And?"

"And to celebrate that, youtube's letting me go bungee jumping! I thought it'd be boring to just do a follow spree on twitter or a lame ol' thank you video so youtube opened up some spots for Hayes and I at that bungee jumping place a few miles away," he pokes me, "and I can take one more person."

"That's awesome!"

"I know right?!" He beams.

"Buuut," I add slowly.

Nash's face drops, "Are you fucking kidding me? What, do you have plans with the ocean of piss too?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, "You're never going to drop that whole toilet water thing, are you?"

He rolls his eyes and ignores my question, "I assumed you were gonna come so I didn't bother asking the others. They already made plans to go surfing."

"Why are y'all making plans without me?" I say in mock hurt.

"Why does it matter, apparently you're busy!" Nash replies, throwing his hands up. "So what are you gonna do then? What is this 'buuut'?"

"I - "

"This better be good," he says, pointing his finger at me, "Like better than jumping off a bridge good."

"Dude, you know I would totally be down any other day... just... not today, alright?" Nash opens his mouth and I cut him off before he can make another sound, "I swear I'll make it up to you, I promise. I just kind of need a break today. You know, a little time to myself."

Nash stares at me and when he realizes that I'm serious, he lets out a long sigh. "Alright, fine. You sound like a 15 year old girl right now, but fine. I won't push any further." We both laugh and he pulls on a new shirt, "Don't worry about it, buddy. I'll ask someone else to come." He pauses before saying, "In fact, I've already got someone in mind." He walks over to my bed and we shake hands before he turns around and starts heading towards the door, "See ya!"

"Don't die!" I call out.

"I'll try." He calls back and the door shuts behind him. A moment later it opens again and Nash's head peeks back in, "Oh yeah, and however you plan on making this up to me, it better be 10 times better than jumping off a bridge."

***

I stare at my laptop as I scroll through Netflix and decide what I should waste away my day watching.

Nash was right when he called me a 15 year old girl.

Hmmm.. Romantic movie? Haha yeah sure, why don't I watch something that'll remind me more of last night's events and make me crave more of it too yeAH NO THANK YOU.

What about a Disney movie? Those are cool. That will get my mind off things. Oh look it's Peter Pan, isn't that great hahA noPE. What about Toy Story? A movie about friendship and being there for each other and 'infinity and beyond's and oH HEY CAM REMEMBER THAT TOY STORY SHIRT SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LUGGAGE AND REMEMBER WHO GOT YOU IT?

Oh god. Wow. Yup. She's done it. She's officially droven me crazy. I shut my laptop and throw my head back and it lands into a mass of pillows. I run my hands across my face, moving them up and through my hair until it becomes a mess of light brown, sticking in all directions.

Last night, when the Magcon group went adventuring in a van, we had gone stargazing and night swimming and some of the idiots even went streaking in one of the parks we had stopped by. It was unforgettably amazing.

Except for the fact that neither Skylar and I had spoken a word to each other the entire night.

I know, you must be getting sick of this whole Cameron and Skylar avoiding thing. I am too. But I can't seem to find a safer solution.

I guess we were both pretty much still in shock about the kiss. It's been nearly 12 hours since it happened and neither of us has acknowledged it yet, which is ironic because it's all that has been on my mind throughout that time span. I'm still very unsure about how I feel about it.

I lay there, shirtless in my bed and staring at the ceiling, for another moment before the thought of Skylar and her all too familiar image becomes too much for me to stay still. I throw my bed cover off of me and hop off the bed, no shirt and all, and start heading toward the door the moment my feet touch ground.

I walk down the hall in full determination before stopping in front of Mahogany and Skylar's hotel door.