Reality Check.

Chris' POV

"Dr. Powers, can you pass Dr. Slaughter the drill? And I need more suction over here somebody." I said as I was preparing to relieve pressure from the brain. When the patient's brain is swelling to capacity, we have to drill burr holes in their skull to release some pressure.

After one of the assistants passed Moniece the drill, she began to drill.

"Dr. Slaughter, be careful not to drill into the brain. When you don't feel a hard surface after you drill for a couple of seconds, then you can stop. We can't risk any unnecessary brain bleeds." I said putting on my headset with the flashlight on it.

"You know I got this Dr. Brown.... stop worrying so much." She said as I chuckled.

"Aye... can I drill a hole?" Keith asked as Moniece gave him the stank face.

"No... you always trynna steal my shine." She said as I chuckled along with the other nurses.

A couple of seconds later, everyone's pagers we're going off.

"Mannnn who is blowing us up like this?" Keith asked aloud as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It says a code red..." One of the nurses said as I froze in my stance.

"I need everyone to leave and exit the building right now. Don't even take the elevators. Take the nearest staircases." I said grabbing the drill from Moniece.

"Chris.... what's going on?" She asked as I shook my head.

"Everybody out right now... at least all the women out. I'm not playing, this is an order." I said as the nurses and assistants started leaving.

"But, Chris—" Moniece said as I quickly cut her off.

"Dr. Slaughter I am ordering you to leave." I said in an aggressive tone. Women only listen when you talk to them rough.

"I can't stand you." She said as she rolled her eyes and she walked out with everyone else.

"I'll stay... what's going on though?" Keith asked as the door to the operating room finally closed. I started drilling again as I answered him.

"I'm not sure, but whenever there's a code red. We're supposed to evacuate people. I can't leave my patient out on the table, so it is what it is. I gotta stay." I said letting out a sigh.

"I'm sure it's nothing serious... like one of those fake fire drills at school." Keith said chuckling as a thought struck my mind.

"Where's Jay?? Is she in surgery? I heard that she had a big one today." I said and asked anxiously.

"She finished like twenty minutes before we started. It was big, but they finished quickly. The twins should be fine by now." Keith said as I started getting worried.

"Call her... like right now... my phone is in my pocket." I said as Keith took his gloves off to get on my phone.

"What's her name? Wait, is it this one? Baby girl?"

"Naw... that's Zoey's name. Jay's is just Dr. Manali..." I said sarcastically as he started laughing.

"I knew you was just playin' with me. Jay's name is baby girl. All these heart and tongue emojis after it too? Ya just nasty... I always knew it." Keith said as I smiled and shook my head.

"Man just get my girl on the phone." I said as he widened his eyes.

"Yo girl?"

"Yes... we're official now."