Intervention.

Chris' POV

When I said what I said, she got quiet and she looked up at me with glossy eyes. I took a deep breath and I continued to speak.

"I was so scared Jay... I didn't know what you were doing to me. When I first saw you at the airport, it was like I was stuck in a trance. We spent time with each other everyday and when you danced on me that last night, I felt something. Before I left to go to Virginia, there were emotions there and I knew for a fact that I liked you. But, I didn't wanna get in too deep. So, I left you alone. Then, when we saw each other in Mexico, the feelings started overflowing day by day. Then, when we slept together in your dorm, it was like I was overwhelmed with all types of emotions and I didn't know how to deal with that." I said as she folded her arms.

"Chris why were you scared?" She asked as I continued to explain.

"It was like I couldn't function. I couldn't go to bed without you on my mind. I couldn't eat at times, and I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, you were there. You were there mentally and physically. I didn't know what you were doing to me cause I never felt that before. I wasn't used to it and I was scared of that." I said as she looked down at the floor.

"Remember when I got kicked out of the O.R when we were helping with delivering that baby? When Dr. Jared went off on me cause I wasn't focused? Right before surgery you were trying to talk to me and I kept brushing you off. During the surgery, you had my full attention. I couldn't get you out of my head and I lost it. I almost cut the wrong part of the umbilical cord. That's why I went off on you after the surgery because I was pissed off. It's like you were holding me captive or something. It was so crazy... but I loved it at the same time." I said staring at the floor.

"I also didn't want anything to happen to you. I realized that I actually fell for you and my love for you was growing. But, around that time and before that time, I had to deal with personal issues. My mom had a new boyfriend every now and then. But, when I tell you that every single one of them put their hands on her, I mean it. When I was little, I'd be so scared. That's how I viewed love and relationships in my household because that's all I saw. I thought that's what happened when you loved someone." I said as I sat down on the floor next to her.

"I knew my mother was getting hurt, but she loved the guys so much that she stayed most of the time. If we were gonna be together, I thought that the same would happen with us and I didn't wanna hurt you Jay. My mom would always talk to me about what love felt like and if you knew that you had feelings for a certain person. Everything that she told me about is what I felt with you and after Mexico, there was no going back. As we laid there in the bed, I knew it was over. I fell hard, but I didn't know how to deal with actually loving somebody." I said as she looked at me.

"Chris you could've talked to me instead of doing stupid stuff and keeping it in. You jeopardized something that we could've had because you ain't wanna communicate." She said as I shook my head agreeing.

"Yeah I know... as I got older I still had you lingering on my mind and I learned that there was more to love then hurting someone. Around that time, I was in Med School and I met Zoey. We became friends and we hit it off. I still care about her, but it's not as great as the feelings I still have for you Jay." I said as I looked for her eyes to meet mine.

"Jay I still love you..." I said as I pulled her chin so she could face me. I moved my face closer and I felt my lips crash into hers. She closed her eyes and I felt every emotion penetrating through my heart. Gosh I still love this girl.

When we broke it... she pressed her forehead against mine.

"Chris... I still love you too, but you gotta give me some time. You're with Zoey and she just found out that she's pregnant. It would not be healthy for the baby if she became stressed out. Be there for her. She would try to get me fired and she would load me with work if she knew that you left her for me. Just wait and give me some time." She said as I kissed her on the cheek.

"I hear you, but I'll still be right here when you're ready. You're probably gonna chill with Dave for a while before you make your final decision. Just know that whether you choose me, or not, I'll still love you and I'm not going anywhere." I said as we both smiled at each other.

"You don't know how much I appreciate yo fine self... let me ask this then... So, we're back cool?" She asked as I let out a deep sigh.

"If that's what we gotta be so I can be around you a lot then yeah." I said as we both chuckled.

"Boy give me a hug... we both need one." She said as I chuckled lightly and we embraced each other.

"Want some more cake?" I asked as she chuckled over my shoulder.

"I still don't like her, but that cake was good. So yeah let's go get some more free food." She said as we let each other go and we laughed it off.

I really do have a chance of getting her back in the long run. I got some work to do.

Zoey's POV

As I stood up at one of the nurses' stations discussing the news, I noticed a door opening up down the hallway.

I looked around and I was the only one that noticed it. As I squinted my eyes to see better, I saw Jay walk out of that door. I waited a couple of seconds and then I saw Chris walk out as well.

There's something definitely going on between them. I had my suspicions before but now I know for sure. Ever since that hoe got here, it's almost like Chris' focus has been no where on me. I know that Dave still likes Manali, but he'll change his mind soon.

Hours Later in Jay's POV

I talked about cooking with Moniece and Keith, then all of a sudden Dave, Trey, August, and Chris pop up at my house.

This is very awkward for me because Chris and Dave are both here. I don't think I like this one bit.

But, it's been cool so far... no drama or shade being thrown. We were all literally kicking back and having some fun, so I guess I can't complain.

"Pass me the vanilla extract..." I said to Keith as I was putting ingredients in a bowl. I was making cupcakes and Mo decided to cook the real food. Keith was the only guy helping. The rest of the idiots were in my living room playing 2k.

When Keith handed me the flavoring out of the cabinet, he sat on top of the counter next to my bowl.

"Can I taste some of the batter?" Keith asked as he stuck his finger in the direction of the big bowl.

"No! Just wait! You can taste it right before I put it in the oven." I said swatting his hand away as Moniece laughed. Suddenly, I heard the door bell ring.

I rolled my eyes in the back of my head.

"Who is that??" Keith asked me as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aye who is that?" Dave said walking in the kitchen with the rest of the guys.

"I don't know... I'm bouta go see." I said walking away from all of them. As I walked towards the door, I had a funny feeling in my stomach.

I put my hand on the door knob, twisted it, and I opened it up.... my freakin' jaw dropped to the floor.

--------------------------

Comments? Feedback? Thoughts 💭?

Who is it?👀

Thanks for reading! ❤️