"I really tried," Isaac says as he walks into my room. I sit up on my bed and wipe my face. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok." I sigh an uneasy sigh. "Why is he here?" I ask with tears starting up again.

Isaac sits on the bed next to me. "Jessie, I don't think he knew you were here."

"What other explanation is there?"

"Think about it. What did he ask when he first came into the house?"

Where Safaa was. I look at Isaac and I can see that he knows I know the answer.

"And what happened when he saw you?"

He stuttered. He was surprised.

He raises his eyebrows to try to incite me to think about everything. I jump off the bed and go to my suitcase to get a jacket. "I still don't believe it. What about when mom offered me to go with them? He didn't stop anyone then."

I pull out the contents of my suitcase and put them in a heap on the floor.

"Could he have? If you were in his position, would you say no?" Isaac asks. I find my jacket in the heap and stand up once I have it. "Come on. At least try to make it up to Eve for her birthday. Try and have fun."

I turn around and see his sincere expression, and I know he is right. "Fine," I say.

"Good." He smiles and leaves my room, probably thinking his conversation with me was successful.

I watch him leave, and then I go to my bathroom to fix up my makeup a little bit. Just enough to erase the tears that were there.

After I finish, I walk out of the room and put my jacket on. As I make it to the stairs, Eve and everyone else seem to be relieved. They get up off the couch and we walk to the front door.

"That was way longer that five minutes," Eve says to me with so much sass.

"No it wasn't," I argue.

"I have to agree with her," Zayn says. I glance at him, and he's slightly smiling. "It was at least ten minutes."

Nothing that he says makes any impression on me other than anger now. I am trying to remember what Isaac said to me, though. Try to have fun for Eve. "Whatever. Let's just go."

Zayn opens the door for us, and the girls go first and thank him as they walk through. I rush after them through the door without saying anything to Zayn, and I can hear my mother scoffing in the background at my apparent lack of manners. Zayn says goodbye to her and shuts the door.

He unlocks the car, and Safaa climbs in the passenger seat.

"Safaa," Zayn says to her. "Move."

She starts to get out of the car. Nope. There is no way I am sitting next to Zayn for the entire car ride.

"Oh, no that's ok," I say. "You can sit in the front. I'll sit in the back." She stops and sort of smiles, and climbs back into the seat, while looking at Zayn to make sure it was okay. I move to the back of the car and open the door.

"You sure?" Zayn asks before I sit down.

"Yes." I smile as wide as I can with my mouth closed and sit in the car and shut the door.

Eve sits next to me and Zayn gets into the driver seat. A moment later, we are on our way to the ice skating rink.

As we drive down the streets, I remember Harry. He told me to be careful. I'm trying to. But it's much harder when I am being forced to be with Zayn. I decide that I will tell Harry. I will text him everything that happened and is happening. I check my pockets for my phone.