- Steady glance -

Start from the beginning

"Hello-"

"You two, hurry up," He narrowed his blue eyes, cutting me off. "You have arrived a minute before starting time. Do not waste anymore time. Get a move on."

Such a nice, sweet man.

"Yep," I sighed, dragging Felix by the hand and heading straight towards the doors.

Most people already inside and seated in the lines up seats, we slipped into the hall and found a spot at the edge of the middle row. Luckily, we made it just on time.

A tap on the microphone, Mrs Denver's voice met our ears as she said, "Fellow members, stand and," Yawn. "Let us welcome Alpha Rorick," We all stood at the sight of our alpha, bowing our heads in a quick gesture before resuming our seats.

Theo's father.

A powerful, strong presence that made you recoil, but also admired and loved throughout our pack, Alpha Rorick stood on the stage with a slight smile on his face.

Fearful but honourable, we all equally had nothing but respect for the grey haired man with dark brown eyes. Theo's eyes were a darker brown, whereas his father had a more golden shine to his. You could see the similarities, only Alpha Rorick had a cleft chin and a more square jaw.

"Good evening," He stood beside Mrs. Denvur, the not so kind woman feeling giddy as she warmly smiled at him and headed back to her seat on the stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had an invisible hard on for the man.

"Now," A serious look on his face, he adjusted the mic higher and said, "This is to be taken seriously. Recently, in the woods, our reservation unknown to humans, has been undergoing attraction in the East. It seems to be for logging purposes. You know what this means," His face was stern. "No wolf form for a while or free runs and no recklessness. Training will-"

"I'm bored," I quietly muttered to Felix and stretched my neck.

With all due respect to my alpha, I wasn't interested in sitting through this. I'd much rather be wrapped in a blanket and playing video games with Felix. In fact, I never got to do the things I'd rather do. A shame.

Scanning the hall, I spotted Theo on the wooden stage. He seemed equally disinterested, sitting there with a bored, bland expression on his face.

Secretly texting, he pulled a face of irritation when beta Shawn elbowed him. The bald man ignored the reacted look, glancing back to his leader and attentively listening, while Theo shoved his phone in his pocket and leant back in his seat.

His eyes slid over the crowd.

I glanced away.

My eyes widened, surprised to see Daniel (who was seated in the front row) looking over his shoulder, in my direction and glancing at me.

Well... I think he was looking at me...

I slyly glanced over my shoulder before staring back at Daniel. Yes, he definitely was aiming his stare at me, unless he has a thing for Felix's grandmother.

Caught, he nervously smiled and snapped his attention back to the front of the stage.

My eyebrows raised.

That was... strange.

Ignoring the awkward eye contact, I stupidly glanced back towards Theo's direction.

Our eyes met.

He was already watching me with an emotionless expression.

——