I chuckled, "Hmm, why is that?"

"She's a bitch," she replied with a laugh. "I mean, that was one of the first girls who, I recall, pulled my hair when I did that jealous ex-girlfriend stunt."

"At one point of my life you were the jealous ex-girlfriend," I reminded her.

Cara rolled her eyes. She hates it when I remind her of it though ironically, she always does that to me.

"There are only two times of my life that I regret. One, is that I became a jealous ex-girlfriend. Two, I became your girlfriend. Embarrassing."

"We were fifteen." Just to simply remind her that we were both once young and stupid.

"That doesn't make it any less gross. We weren't serious. People can't seem to understand that part. The whole, exes cannot be friends concept had been taking over these millennials and that sucks."

"Don't bother with the problems of the world. You can't solve them."

"Of course not." She sighed. "By the way, did you tell granny we're--"

"Did not tell a soul," I replied. "Can I ask you a question? Since we've already talked about girlfriends and stuff?"

"If you're going to ask me what I think about Taylor, don't. You won't like my honest opinion."

"I thought you two were besties."

"I like her," she said placidly. "I like her as a whole person."

"But?"

"I haven't got a clue about what you're getting yourself into." She shrugged. "You don't need my opinion. You're a big lad, babe. You can handle yourself just fine."

I nodded.

I got to texting a few of my siblings after, simply asking them how they are and Cara later on told me I should text Taylor. I haven't got much of a reason to which led to a fast paced argument.

"That's very unsweet of you."

"Sweet was not part of my dating dictionary and never will be."

"Well, it should be."

"I don't need dating tips."

"You look like you do."

"What I need is sleep so shut up."

"You shut up."

And that's what I was waiting for. I turned my back on her and hung my glasses on my sweater. I shut my eyes and tried my best to go to sleep as soon as I could.

We were a little bit more than jet-lagged when our flight ended so we decided to leave it for tomorrow. We stayed in one hotel room and the next day, we headed to my grandma's house.

It was an old brick house, in the outskirts, a bit away from the city with a small forest and a tiny pond near the barn. None of it are taken care of because no one has the time to do so. It's almost abandoned if it weren't for my grandma.

She didn't want to sell it, nor move into the city with my siblings. . . Everything about the house is important to her as my grandfather built it with his bare hands. Small as it was, it was home to them, to me too, for at least half of my life.

Cara sighed, looking at the wide fields in front of us as the taxi scurried away. After the smoke and dust cleared from our vision, all we could see is the fancy array of red, orange, and yellow colours in the autumn setting.

She saw to it that the taxi drops us off in a distance from the old house so we could get a good look at it. I can't say I am against that decision.