Again with walking through the cold night. My eyes are already giving into tiredness and the cold, so was hers yet we are both putting up a fight as we still have a lot of steps to go through. Now, through the lamp-lit streets of Queens, in just a couple of days before winter,  it was never comfortable. Yet, those reassuring blue eyes tell me otherwise.

"We're too fast," Taylor said after a moment. I observed our slow pace of walking and I was certain it wasn't what she was talking about.

My raised eyebrow had already asked the questions for me. So she sighed, blinking her sleepy eyes.

"That's what my dad said. Mom too. They said we've only just met, you know, like this October and, it's too fast."

"You're twenty-seven," I said.

"Ha! No. I'm twenty-eight," she corrected me. "Soon to be twenty-nine. And what is the point of mentioning my age?"

"It means you could make the decisions for yourself," I said. "If you think it's too fast that we're already dating, day one, tell me to end it."

"What? No!" The softness disappeared right after. "I mean, like, we're not taking up the boyfriend and girlfriend and pet names thingy, we're just getting to know each other. I mean, that's what people do when they mutually like -- I can't explain it."

It seemed to me that she was definitely on her way of explaining it, she just didn't continue.

"You've been at work and with me the entire day," I said, "Whenever did you get the chance to talk to your parents?"

"This morning," she answered, never taking one second to look at me. Maybe she's comfortable that way. "I talked to them, I considered it."

It's far too strange when a girl is confessing that she's having doubts on what she just entered with you but I couldn't question anything. I haven't had relationships in a little less than a year. Not that I forgot everything about it, I know how things go. It just seems a bit different with Taylor. I am fully aware that she just got off from a bad relationship but I didn't know much about it.

I took a deep breath and licked my lips after. "Getting to know each other. This honestly feels like preschool all over again."

She laughed, "Hey, this is what people do. Why? What do you do before you actually dive into relationships?"

"There's no before. I just dive in," I answered.

"Oh."

"Bit of a reckless style, innit? But that's the point. If you like someone, dive right in. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. That's it."

"Cara's right, you're going to die old and alone," Taylor joked and then looked away.

"I might." Already accepted that fact about three years ago.

"But it would be such a waste," she mumbled afterwards. "By the way, have I told you that our day two and day three are going to be worthless?"

"You'll be in what, Somalia?" I asked, scratching my head. I was listening, I just don't remember where she's headed. But I did realise right after that, Somalia is incorrect.

"Montreal," she corrected with a light laugh. "I have no idea how that got into your head but I'll just assume it's some quick thought or whatever."

I gave her a smile. "Try to call me every once in a while."

"I might be too busy flirting with the Canadians." She winked at me flirtatiously.

I put an arm over her and leaned my head right near her ear. "Then I'll be here in one of the pubs looking for a one-night stand."