Chapter Eighteen - Bringing Ashton Home

Louis’ POV

“Is he buckled in safely?” Harry asked hovering over me as I fastened Ashton’s little seatbelt in his car seat.

“Yes babe, I told you I know what I’m doing. Our five other kids made it didn’t they?” I joked.

“Not funny Lou. What if it’s too tight or too loose?” He panicked.

“Harry it’s fine. Relax yeah? He’s fine.” I said seriously. “Why are you so nervous? We only live 10 minutes away.”

“I don’t know. He’s just still so tiny and I don’t want anything to happen to him.” He mumbled.

“I don’t want anything to happen to him either babe, but the belt is fine. Just calm down.” He nodded quickly watching Ashton as he squirmed around a bit.

“Alright lads, that’s everything. I hope the little guy settles in well at home.” Katie smiled coming over with the rest of the presents from Ashton’s crib.

“We do too, it’s a bit hectic back there.” I chuckled.

“I bet. 6 kids, I don’t even have one and my house is already chaotic.” She laughed. “All the animals I own.”

“Kids are harder to look after than animals.” Harry muttered.

“Anyway, thanks for everything Katie, you’ve been great.” I smiled hugging her.

“No worries guys. It’s been great getting to know you and looking after Ashton. Keep me updated yeah?” She smiled back.

“Of course.”

“Bye Harry.” She smiled at him too.

“Bye.” He mumbled, taking the car seat and storming off.

“Is he alright?” Katie asked.

“Yeah, he’s still a bit moody but he’s fine. Thanks again.” I waved.

“Bye!” She waved back and went inside the hospital again.

“What was that?” I asked climbing in the car, where Harry was already waiting.

“What?” He asked starting to drive off.

“Don’t play dumb with me Styles. Why are you so grumpy? This is the day we’ve been waiting for since Ash was born. We’re taking him home, this should be a happy day but you’ve got the shits.” I rambled.

“I don’t have the shits thank you.” He snapped.

“Then what is it? You’ve been moody a lot lately, I thought us having the babies home would fix that but clearly not.”