:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 19] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

Dustin rubbed his neck and sighed. "No I wasn't. Sorry, I'm just a little surprised."

I softened my look. "It's okay."

"I'm not going to hate you if that's the path you've chosen. Even though it's not the best," he added with a frown.

"I don't want to forget about Damian and his family," I told Dustin with a frown.

Dustin sighed. "Well I can't be mad at you for that. But if Damian or any of his family try something on you, I won't hesitate to find some reason to put them on my list."

"Dustin," I groaned walking over to him and pushing his shoulder. "Let's try to keep violence out of this.

Dustin grinned and shrugged. "Hey, I'm just saying."

"Yeah. Well, thanks for caring."

"Anytime, Maddie, anytime," he responded, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Let's get back to lunch now."

"Agreed," I responded, turning us in the direction of the cafeteria. "And promise me you won't start any arguments with Damian."

"I can't promise that," Dustin responded.

"Dustin."

He laughed. "I'm just joking. I'll try not to. But sometimes he just gets on my nerves."

"Because that takes so much to do." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up."

**************************************

"You don't have work today, right?" Damian asked, frowning at me, his face only inches away from mine.

"Nope," I responded, blushing faintly at how close we were in the car.

Ayden glanced at us through the rearview mirror. "You two please don't get lovey-dovey in the car."

"Yeah," Dustin muttered moodily, sitting as close to the door, and as far away from us, as he could manage.

I frowned at both of them, turning red. "W-we're not! What are you talking about?"

Damian chuckled, slipping an arm around my shoulder and nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. "Don't be jealous, Ayden."

Ayden rolled his eyes. "I'm not. No offense, Maddie."

"None taking," I responded, still blushing furiously.

"I need a boy friend," Callie complained from the front seat. "How did Damian manage to land a girlfriend so fast?"

"Fast?" Ayden snorted. "It's been three months. That's not fast."

Damian scowled. "Shut up. I wouldn't be talking, Ayden."

Ayden shrugged and smirked. "Whatever."

Damian sighed and returned his attention to me. "Okay. Tonight I'll be away, so make sure if anything happens you call Ayden, Callie and Dustin straight away. After that be sure to call me. And don't leave your house."

"Okay," I responded, frowning slightly. "You don't think those vampires will come after me, do you?"

"I think there's a high chance they might," Ayden responded with a frown before Damian could. "I'm sure you know, but they'll want you to join their clan."

I frowned. I did know. But it just didn't seem possible that they would actually seek me out and force me to join them, so I thought that this protectiveness over me was a little crazy.

We pulled to a stop in front of my house and Damian got out of the car allowing me to slide out of the seat and out the door.

"Um, see you tomorrow," I said shyly, looking at the ground.