[ 22 ]

final chapter guys ;( love you.

-

[ CREME DE LA CREME. ]

• • •

F I N N & M I L L I E 

• • •

The shadows counted to haunt him.

It crept through his veins like a timed bomb; every inch of his body growing numb, slowly - slowly, as the young boy continued to scream. The puddles had splashed unceremoniously; flying to his cheeks that were damply stained with tears and his hands covered in the dark shade of scarlet.

Alas, maybe he could find the small peak of light through the darkness?

"Mama!" he screamed, "Mama!"

Oh no, there was no sign of the older woman who had gave all her love and care to the poor soul. The shadows were getting nearer. Breathe. Breathe!

Why won't it go? he demanded, Why won't he let me go?

He wept sullenly, frustrated with his own fear, his own stupidity, that he cannot face. Away, he ran once more, inhaling and exhaling every breath he took, every droplet of sweat that painted on his forehead and his curls that crippled in a way that the boy cannot recognize. Oh, how he prayed the horrendous monster would disappear. Go away, please just go away.

He fell into the puddles with a thunderous thud! screaming and choking of tears, to let him go. But would it let him? 

"Please," he whimpered of a plea of mercy; pity and guilt that mixed into one. Crawling, it came closer. Closer, closer. Aha! The monster that had an soulless eye of a vulture, the eye that crept upon him in his dreams, fell into the puddle that turned to a pool of blood. 

He had been defeated, hearing the snarky sound of the creature. And as it leaned its mouth near the child's ear, the word had slipped to the key to be awoken. 

"Finn."

• • •

Finn had wailed abruptly as he bounced out of his duvet, feeling the dampness of sweat on his grey sweater. 

"Caleb!" he cried, his face burning to the color of hell and his breathing decreasing by a maximum. "Caleb, please!"

The older boy had awoken, rushing out of his bed with the horridness of fear in his dark pupils as he skidded across the room. "Finn, oh god." 

The freckled boy was crying; his whole body felt broken into a million of pieces and he knew he would pass out any minute at that moment. His lungs were closing and every thought through his mind was too overwhelming to handle. "Caleb, I'm so fucking scared."

Caleb was now on the bed, holding the scared soul by the shoulder as he whispered soothing dreams to calm the freckled boy down. "It's okay now, I'm here, it's okay." The whole world was crumbling down, Finn could feel it. "Don't be scared, okay? I'm here."

"I don't want to die." He wept harder, tugging weakly on Caleb's shirt for comfort. "I just want it to leave me alone."

Caleb hushed him quickly. "It won't hurt you anymore."