[ 10 - 1/3 ]

before reading this new chapter, just to inform you there will be three complete parts for this! i will be uploading the two other parts later! I wanted to make that clear so no one will get confused :-) enjoy xx

-

[ THE YULE FESTIVALS. ]

• • •

F I N N

• • •

Icy raindrops pattered at the glass windows when Finn returned back from dinner that evening. It was December now, the planning of Christmas festivities and the anticipation of returning home for the holidays were crackling like a bonfire, but he didn't feel excited. Not a bit. He was exhausted, particularly freezing due from the cold, freckled cheeks and nose tinted pink turning a bit pale as gust of wind splashed on his face.

He wanted to go home, really, but when he thought through the reality of that, he became irritable; angry. In closure, he was an absolute mess. He probably would have to stay over at Nick's apartment than his own mother's house.

Caleb had briefly joked that he felt like an abused wife, never knowing what kind of mood Finn was phasing whenever he came back to his dorm room, but the image corrupted in his mind, bad memories of his mother practically screaming whenever she was drunk over the edge. Finn always wondered about that it was his fault that his mother was like that, that it was his fault that his father left. He wondered if he had that sort of aggression in him, ready to blow up centuries. He hadn't even laughed.

He'd tried to be calmer after that, less expressive, but Caleb noticed in a blink of an eye. "Don't ever try shit like that," Caleb had once told him. "You're allowed to get angry."

That was one of those nights, of him being angry at Millie; at himself. Caleb had taken Finn up to the roof of the school's old building, using keys he had stolen long ago from one of the caretakers and they stood on the edge of the flat concrete, their feet almost over and near it, and he'd encouraged Finn to scream. To scream as loud as he can until his lungs hurt.

"Let it all out man, let it all out."

Finn looked down, seeing Gladstone Garden near, path lights dimmed low and the glassed lake from a far distance, the moon showing its reflection, shining brightly.

Then he screamed, so loud, he thought maybe they'd hear him back at his hometown.

But nobody could hear him, only Caleb, his voice lost to the twirling December winds and the weariness all over his face, and when Caleb hugged him by the shoulder, Finn's body was torn by this type of soft connection or just wanted to slap it all away. Caleb may be hardened and tough but he had a soft spot. Especially for his friends in need.

• • •

Finn walked through the hallways with the tattered concrete as his flats hit the ground. He was growing eye bags and his curls were a full on mess. Fuck. He had forgotten to study for one of his upcoming exams. Now what was his excuse? Stress? Exhaustion? He didn't have a clue.

His eyes landed on Millie laughing along with Even, eyes radiating like the actual sun. Could they-? Are they-? His anticipation was growing more and more and his fear coming into reality.

He's had enough. Fuck Millie. Fuck Even. Fuck everyone single fucking person on this outrageously, full of shit called earth! He was becoming bitter and he probably might have a new mood once he storms into his dorm soon.