[ 06 ]

[ CUDDLE BUDDIES. ]

• • •

M I L L I E

• • •

Millie felt lightheaded and weary the next morning. Her head was frazzled, grimacing on how her bed was a hazard disaster. She still wore her clothes from the previous night and remembered the sly feeling in the pit of her stomach of the tentative warmth from Finn, who closed the small space between them.

Sadie groaned on the other side of the room, lowly muttering words under her breath. Her fiery red hair was still a frizzy mess, clothes wrinkled and a scrunched, pained expression plastered on her face.

"Millie.." she muttered, a hint of whining in her tone.

Millie gets up from the bed, then immediately falls back. Her legs were uncomfortably wobbly and she was boggled and dizzy. She sighed. How much has she drank?

"Jesus Millie, I'm totally fucked."

Millie laughed at that, her still slumped figure, lying on the bed. "Me too," she whispers.

"I drank a hell ton yesterday."

Millie hummed, finding her strength as she managed to get herself off the bed. She wobbled over to the petite kitchen, opening every cabinet in hopes to find an advil bottle.

"You want some water?" Millie asked gently from the kitchen, although she already knew the answer. She popped open the medicine bottle as red and blue pills jumped out here and there.

"Yes ma'am."

Millie grinned, as she poured a glass of the transparent liquid, loving the thought of Sadie making her exhilarated every time in very odd occasions. She was dearly grateful for how the school provided them with advanced, upper class items, such as the case of silver spoons and knives. She grabbed herself a glass cup as well, pouring clear water into it. She guzzled it down with the two pills inside quickly, putting the cup into the sink.

Millie strolled back into their main room as she flopped down next to Sadie, with the glass and pills. Sadie groaned a little bit louder, curling herself into her own small ball.

"Everything feels loud," she whispers, voice raspy. She swallowed her pills in a quick of a beat, lying back tiredly on the bed. She flashed Millie a lopsided grin, even though Millie couldn't fully see it, since her red hair was in the way.

"Y'know I could've died yesterday. You probably brought my drunk ass up here, didn't you?" she said in a playful manner, waving her useless hand lazily.

Millie shrugged. "Well you didn't die," she reassured, lying right next to her.

Sadie shrugged, shivering lightly. "The room is too cold."

Millie glanced at Sadie then at the small covered AC across the room. "Want me to lower the AC, my whining darling?" she whispered jokingly.

Sadie faced Millie with a deadpan expression, scoffing as she rolled her blue eyes. "Oh shut up! Just get me my jacket?"

Millie laughed, getting off of Sadie's bed, squatting down lowly as she took out the basket storages that they both share. She scrambled through it, finding a random, gray jacket that probably belonged to her pretty redheaded roommate.

She flopped down onto the bed again, handing Sadie the jacket. Sadie eyed the piece of cloth and seemed dubious, but then shrugged the jacket onto her. She flipped over her hood, as she laid back down, curling herself into a ball once again.

Millie threw her small arm around Sadie's waist, spooning her from the back.

"What are you doing?" she muttered unsurely, sly squirming.

"I'm giving you warmth."

Just like how Finn gave me.

"What?"

"You said you were cold," Millie explained. "I'm giving you extra warmth."

"That's shit."

"No, it's not!" Millie protested, grinning from ear to ear.

It was silent for a moment, Millie pushing her head near Sadie's nape of her neck as she kept her arm lazily in place around Sadie's waist. She liked the warmth. It was peaceful and relaxing in a way.

"This is so gay," she laughed, the vibration going all the way to Millie's cheek.

Millie scoffed, rolling her eyes. "No it's not. We're cuddle buddies."

"Cuddle buddies?"

"Cuddle buddies." Millie confirmed quietly. She could feel her eyes droop, and her mouth gaping slightly open, restraining herself from sleep. She was still a bit hungover and sober at the same time. "Do you want me to stop?" she asked in a hushed tone out of nowhere.

She could feel Sadie yawn and shake her head. "Nah, I like the warmth."

"We should do this sometimes."

"Yeaaa, sure."

"I'm being serious. We're cuddle buddies, I told you."

"No."

"Yes."

"You and Finn?"

Millie blinked, confused. "What?"

"You and Finn? You guys seemed very interactive with each other yesterday."

Millie's cheeks were stinging pink from blushing profusely, knowing for sure that Sadie was smirking. "Shut up. Can we go to sleep?"

"I'm just curious-"

"I, your cuddle buddy, kindly asks you to shut the hell up and go to sleep."

"So sassy."

"Goodnight, Sadie." Millie plaint, although it was four o'clock in the early morning. The curtains covered the small window in the quiet room, small gaps of the arising sun peeking through.

"It's not even nighttime-" Sadie argued but Millie quickly hushed her.

"I said goodnight, Sadie."

It was once again quiet with just them laying close together, drained and weak from the blasting party that they attended that night.

"Goodnight, cuddle buddy," Sadie murmured slowly.

And off they slept, in the early morning.

>> End of Chapter 06 <<

[Yepp, this was short. This was basically a cute Sadie and Millie interaction ?? Anyways, hope you enjoyed <33]