[ 18 ]

fluff and makeup ensues, enjoy!

-

[ PAINT ME A PICTURE, AND I'LL PAINT YOU MY HEART. ]

• • •

M I L L I E 

• • •

Here's the thing: Millie wouldn't have thought this through if it weren't for Sadie. 

During her free period, she had sat on the small benches near the raw statues which was in the center of boisterous students of the courtyard. It was still hazy and blustery; small patches of blue that dotted the sky. Alas, it would've been brighter and maybe less cold during brunch. 

Although there was bustling and hollering that surrounded her ears, Millie felt as if she was in her own quiet space. She tapped her flats onto the harden floor and hummed gently with harmonies that circulated through her mind. Maybe that's why winters were her least favorite season, there's noise everywhere at times like these - it was hard for her to relax. 

She didn't notice somebody walking up to her, but she thankfully did not startle when it started to talk and she was grateful that she's able to keep her cool when she recognized Even's voice. 

"Am I disturbing you?" 

And he was. He really was. It's the first peaceful moment Millie had had in a while, but she couldn't bring herself to say no to Even.

Instead, she ended up patting the bench beside her, indicating to Even that he could come sit down, and for a few seconds she worried if that was a totally useless move, if that gave her dorkiness away too much, but Even did not seem to notice as he tried to settled down right next to the young girl. 

"This is colder than it looks," he said and Millie could hear the smile in his voice. 

She hummed, eyes closed, still averse to talking and breaking the calm place she had managed to find in her mind. 

Even finally quieted down and settled in as well. The stillness between them was easy and relaxed and Millie almost managed to get lost inside her head again. 

"Oh," Even suddenly said like he just remembered something. Millie reluctantly opened her eyes to see Even pulling out a beaded bracelet out from the front pocket of his vest. "I figured I kind of owed you," he said and his smile lit up his entire face and the brunette felt herself smile back. 

Millie took the bracelet gently out of his hand and pulled it around her wrist. She smiled at it again and looked up at Even. "Thank you."

Even nodded back, quiet and benign. The young brunette noticed that the tall blonde's hair was mussed up rather than styled. It was quite odd to her but she decided to ignore it. The calmness centered around them once again. 

The silence broke once she heard somebody hollered, "Millie?"

The sudden noise made both of them jump and Millie could hear the quiet laugh from Even. 

Millie let out a breathy laugh as well until a frizzy redhead and a pair of blue eyes appeared on the path of the bench.

She immediately smiled as she saw Millie, and sighed a relieved, "There you are," to the brunette before she noticed Even. She suddenly grinned wider.