[ 07 ]

[ MAKING NEW CLICHES. ]

• • •

M I L L I E 

• • •

Millie was determined. To her behalf, she hasn't joined any clubs that caught her wondering eye. Clubs were important, especially in the authoritative academy. Students would join any that was available and then there was Millie

She was sitting in the quiet library, flipping through the pages of the St. Flintridge Guide Book, eyes concentrated with brows scrunched unintentionally. She was growing irritated of the group of guys on the far right of the area, flashing her smug glances with a raise of wiggling eyebrows. Disgusting. 

Another flip to the peculiar book. Her intentions to clubs were pretty low since she had no motivation for them but there was something that made them special. It was hard for Millie to really explain, but it was always stuck in the back of her curious mind. Perhaps, she could join debate club with Sadie, but unfortunately she was complete shit at it, especially with counterarguments. Yep, RIP Millie; cause of death: being overwhelmed and lost. 

"Hello Millie."

She looked up to see a tall boy with bouncing blonde curls and sullen green eyes. 

"Isak," Millie acknowledges with a smile. "Want to sit?"

Isak offers her back with a weak smile and droopy eyes as he nods. "Thanks for the offer. I may as well die since I have a history test after free period."

Millie grimaced as she saw Isak rest his head groggily on the cool table, strands of hair falling lightly on his eyelids. He must be still hungover or just grumpy.

She couldn't help but laugh at Isak's deadpan expression with his eyes closed. 

"How much did you drink?"

She could hear him groan. "I don't want to talk about it," he mumbled, lips barely moving.

She grinned, fiddling with the edges of the thick book in her small hands. 

It was silent for a while, with mere sounds of slight tapping of the wooden table or Isak's soft mumbling.

Millie pressed her lips together, debating whether to start a conversation with the seemingly grumpy boy or just leave the poor thing to rest. 

She looks through the guide book some more, until she flickered her eyes upwards when Finn approaches the table. He was wearing his robes that were pulled over his shoulders like some type of cape, which in particular, should make him look like a complete moron but instead it makes him look superior in a way. 

"Fancy seeing you here," Finn greets her with a teasing smile, seeming to mock her british accent. 

Isak's head was a bit up now, quirking his eyebrow as he shoots Millie a curious gaze, which she averts shamelessly. 

"When is your next period?" Finn asks casually, seeming to ignore the fact that Isak was sitting right there, seeing Millie turn bright red just from the sight of the freckled boy.

"Uh, Science?" 

That was more of a question than an answer. 

"Sweet! I'll walk you." 

What. The. Hell. Why was he acting so - giddy? He tilted his head, curls falling on his forehead with a droopy grin as he reached to touch Millie's hair. 

"Did anyone ever tell you, you look really cute with your hair like that?" He asks, innocence all over his face.

Millie gave out an awkward laugh, struggling to stop her heart from beating so fast. "What?"

He grins. "Relax! I'm only teasing."

She tried not to frown at the thought of Finn joking that she was cute but she'd probably melt right at the spot if he really meant it. Maybe he did mean it.

"You're thinking of entering a club?" He asked as he tilts his head again, eyeing at the book.

Millie blinked at him then laughed lightly. "Yeah, I'm a bit lost though. It's hard to find one that's part of my interests."

Finn hummed. "That's alright. Won't you join debate club with your redheaded friend? Sadie?"

Millie wasn't surprised he knew her name at all. She was used to it by now, with people knowing the quiet brunette was Sadie's roommate, but it didn't matter. 

"Oh god, I suck at debating. I can't think of a proper topic to argue about even if I tried. I rather forfeit, than go against my opposers." she groaned as she waved her hand sarcastically. 

"Oi my lady, that is one poor choice! Perhaps, you should join drama instead - you are quite the actor," Finn mocked cutely, smug grin plastered on his face. He seemed so sure of himself.

Isak giggled as he smirked at Millie, amused. She rolled her eyes, unimpressed with Finn's somewhat attempted flirting, as she huffed out a sigh. 

She made a face as if she was offended, slapping at her collarbone dramatically. "Drama? Me? You must be mistaken, with the fact that you're the most overdramatic person I know. I'm surprised you aren't in the club," she shot back.

He laughed happily as he raised a challenging brow. "And may I ask where you got this private information?"

Millie's eyes widen as her blush darkened. It wasn't intended to be that be that way at all.

"I- uh-" she choked out, obviously embarrassed with utter humiliation. 

"You are way too serious for me, Millie. I don't even know why I associate with you," he pouted childishly, a hint of teasing in his eyes. 

Millie nods but unable to meet with his gaze, staring at the book in front of her instead. Could he hear the beating of her heart just a few meters away? Could he see her ears turning tint pink and her blush darkening to a maximum? Maybe. Maybe not.

She could tell Finn was basically beaming, as he hopped lightly on his black flats. 

"Well my free period is over, I'm off! See you around, Mills."

Yep, her oxygen in her lungs were breaking terribly. Isak just gawked at Finn in awe and curiosity as his pretty green eyes landing back on Millie, raising a knowing raise of eyebrows. Millie just shrugged. 

As Finn went to leave, Millie could've sworn he had at least winked or attempted to wink anyway, as he turned his head. What a dork. 

She turns back to Isak, red-faced, stomach turning into a notch to see him flashing her a knowing look, smirking cheekily.

"Oh shut up," she scoffed, looking hard back at her book.

Isak shrugged as he rose his hands in defense. "I didn't even say anything."

Millie shook her head. Distraction. Distraction. Distraction. She looked at her watch on her wrist and realized that she too, must head over to her next period class. Miss Shallon would kill her if she was late. She gave Isak a warm smile before heading out, leaving the quiet library as it stays.

>> End of Chapter 07 <<

[oKAY, I know this chapter was shit but dramaaa (sick skaM reference) will start soon :-) make your tea<33]