Chapter Fifty-One | Romania Dragon Reservation, March 1998

Start from the beginning

Taking a deep breathe, Charlie tried to collect his thoughts “Okay, I – okay. Let’s – um – why don’t you go … do that. I will … wait here.”

Rising off the couch, she left her cloak there and went into the little bathroom by the stairs. Head sinking into his hands, Charlie breathed slowly and deeply – what the hell was he going to do? Sonia didn’t want this, had never wanted this, and Charlie had accepted long ago that he would have to choose between a life with Sonia or a life with children – and he had chosen her.

The bathroom door creaked open and Charlie’s head snapped up, watching her slip out, nervously holding the test in her hands.

“It wont be ready for another minute,” she said “But I … I don’t want to look alone.”

Reaching for her, Charlie held her hand and tugged her down to sit beside him. She curled up into his chest as they closed their eyes, holding onto the other in desperation – maybe the world would stop spinning if they did.

Glancing at it, joy ballooned in Charlie for a moment before he remembered – she would never. “Its positive love,” he whispered “I – I’m sorry.”

For the first time that day Sonia let herself cry, warm tears rolling down her face and plopping onto his jeans.

“Shhh,” he soothed her, rubbing her back “It will be over soon, I promise – we can make the appointment as soon as your ready, I understand –”

“Appointment?” she hiccupped, looking up at him with bleary eyes “What do you mean?”

He stared at her blankly “To – you know – get rid -”

What?” Sonia cried, jumping away from him.

“Isn’t that what you want?” he asked miserably “I know – you’ve never wanted kids Sonia, I assumed…I thought you wouldn’t want it.”

Sonia was speechless. She didn’t know how Charlie could think her so cruel, to kill his baby – their baby.

“I don’t want a baby,” she said “But this isn’t just any baby – as cheesy and horrible as it sounds – this is…well, it’s ours.”

“You mean –” Charlie smiled at her “You want to keep it?”

She nodded “Yes.”

“We’d have to postpone all your adventures, for years even – are you sure?” he watched her, sure that that would be the turning point. All Sonia had ever wanted was to go on adventures.

“This is an adventure.” She said, smiling warmly “I don’t mind, now that it’s happened.”

“Oh, Sonia.” He sighed, pulling her close.

“It may not be what we were thinking,” Sonia said, breathing him in “But it’s still an adventure we’re going on together.”

He laughed “It will be hard, you know. With the age difference, the war…”

“We can do it.” Promised Sonia, looking up at him “You know, I never thought I’d get the white picket fence life…I guess Andrew was right.”

The heavy clouds finally gave out then, and rain poured from the sky. Together they cuddled up on the couch, and Sonia thought of what Sirius had told her years ago in the backyard of Grimmauld place – to try, to look for someone to be with.

I didn’t even look, she thought but I’m glad for accidents Sirius – I hope you are too.

A/N: *throws arms in front of face* don't kill me! I've been planning this forever! It's not spontanious, I swear!

Question: a) did you see this coming AT ALL and b) What do you think Sonia and Charlie will do, how will their parents react? AND ANDREW!

Rose<3