Chapter 1: My Necklace

This is a fanfiction on Avatar The Last Airbender, but not in Aangs POV although Aang is in the story. I do not own the characters from the show, all I own is this story idea and the characters I created.

Chapter 1:

My Necklace

My name is Siria I am 15 years old and I live in the Fire Nation. I've always been a strong fire-bender and I didn't wonder about that fact until I found out that my mother and twin brother were air-benders. Everyone thinks that the avatar is the last Airbender because I am a firebender and they don't know that I was adopted or that I am Aang's twin sister. The thing is for some weird reason even though I'm not an avatar I can control all the elements, but it goes deeper than that. My powers as a firebender are stronger than my other powers so I make it seem like I'm a plain firebender. I could also do more, but that's a secret.  Everything was normal for me until 2 weeks after my 15th birthday.

"Siria remember this is just a strategy meeting with those nasty waterbenders if they give you any trouble just use your powers to beat them back into shape," my 'father' told me. The thing I don't get is that he believed I was his daughter and that his wife gave birth to me before she died. I never understood why although we do look a lot alike. The problem is that he is the brother of the Fire Lord. This basically means in their eyes I’m the Fire Lord’s niece.

Father and I traveled to the meeting place. I hated how he made me go to these things first he made me go and seem like I was lost when I was younger so that an air nomad would help me which one did. Monk Gyatso, who was in fact my brother’s caretaker. Actually if it wasn't for Monk Gyatso I wouldn't know that Aang is my brother at all. I even met my mother and was given a baby sky bison of my own. I tried to warn Monk Gyatso and the airbenders many times when my father got somewhat fake information from me, but they never thought they could really attack them. They also didn't know that I was a firebender as well because I practiced my airbending well I was there.

Unlike Aang I didn't have to learn the elements in a certain way, so I decided to learn the elements in my own way. But that wasn't the worse thing my father made me do when he went to attack the air nomads I was made to go with him, but the only thing I did was watch. Watch as they were all slaughtered in front of my eyes. Monk Gyatso was last and on his dying breath he made me promise that I would find Aang one day and make sure he knew that it wasn't his fault. He also made sure that I knew that to because I had warned them of what was to come and they didn't believe that it could actually happen. I had heard that from the others none of them blamed me they were just sad that I was forced into something like this. They were also happy that because of my all of the children 16 and under were sent into a secret temple I had created, so were the rest of the children from the other temples as a safety precaution.

"Siria were here," my father said snapping me out of my memories. I looked around a little bored I never liked these meetings they were just lies to make the people think that my uncle actually wanted to work things out. I noticed that there was another boy my age here and he is pretty cute. 'Wow if father or Uncle knew that I was thinking like this I'd be in big trouble.’

"Now let's get this meeting underway," Father said trying to sound all important like Uncle does it never really works out for him though.

"Lord Ayrin, Lady Siria," an old waterbender greeted us.

"Sir Serin," my father said trying to sound like he wanted peace, "I am hoping that we can come to an agreement in this manner."

"Of course Lord Ayrin," Sir Serin answered, "but before we continue I'd just like to introduce an important guest Prince Faruka of the Northern Water Tribe."

"Lady Siria. Lord Ayrin," the boy I'd been admiring addressed us. He even sounded angry at my father, but not at me.

"Prince Faruka," my father said calmly holding back his contempt, "it is a pleasure that such an important member of the Water Tribes has graced us with his presence."

"No it is my honor to be in the presence of the Fire Lord's brother and niece," Prince Faruka replied.

His voice is so heavenly I just basically ignored the conversation after that. I can't wait to meet Aang, but I'm afraid that he will hate me for being there when the Air Nomads were killed. The sad thing is that I knew Aang never got to see mother after he was 2 so she died without knowing both of her children. Finally though they ended their conversation and for once my father told me to go off and do something because he had to go see Fire Lord Sozin.

After father left me I just walked around and I ran into Prince Faruka again.

"Oh Lady Siria a pleasure to see you again," he smiled.

"You as well Prince Faruka, but please just call me Siria," I replied.

"Then you can just call me Faruka then." 

"Well alright Faruka," I said.

Since that day we met up every day for 2 weeks and we were in love, or at least I think we were. Finally Faruka asked me to marry him and I said yes. He gave me a necklace that he had carved himself saying that he would wait until I was 16 to make it official we had both believed that the war was over. The necklace had a dragon carved into it and all 4 nations insignia as well. It also had a moon just above the dragon glowing down into its eyes. The insignia's surrounded the dragon. It was all in the shape of a pretty snow flake that they were carved within. It was pretty and on a blue ribbon that I tied around my neck. I was also given a matching ornament for my cloak. We were happy and I planned to run away with him on my 16th birthday. That is until my father saw the necklace and it was all ruined.

"What is that you’re wearing around your neck Siria," he screamed at me.

"It's my betrothal necklace father. I already said yes to him," I replied calmly.

"You cannot marry a man from the filthy Water Tribe," he screamed back.

"Don't you want me to be happy father," I cried out.

"Yes but with a man from the Fire Nation. This war will never end I'll make sure of that. All of the earth and water benders will be destroyed and firebenders will rule this world," he shouted at me.

"No father the Avatar will return and defeat Fire Lord Sozin," I cried and ran out of the house. Not knowing that this would be the last time that I would ever see my father.

"Oh Aang what am I going to do your missing. Faruka had to go home, and father won't let me do what I want to do," I cried out into the air.

I kept running away from the house to the cave that I had kept Cata my Sky Bison hidden.

"Cata here girl it's me Siria," I called out to her. She's only a few years old now, but I love her. Cata is my best friend and earlier this year Cata and I came across 2 wild pregnant sky bison that died giving birth. So now Cata and I watch over Mika and Kyro they are just so cute together and only 3 months old. Mika, Kyro, and I all climbed onto Cata's back me to cry silently and the other 2 just cuddled up with me. Well I cried my dragon birthmark on my left ankle and the adult dragon mark on my back started to glow. All around me was a swirling and glowing white light and time seemed still for a while. Eventually the glowing stopped, but I was in for a big surprise.