Chapter 5

I woke up this morning with various happy birthday text, yes today is my birthday.

'Jack bb: YOURE 18 TODAY BB ILYSM CRAPPY BIRTHDAY!'

'Jack Gilinsexy: NOT SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY BABE!'

'Malls: YOURE 18 ILYSM!'

I sighed, everyone knew I hated birthdays, I got up and got dressed, I found a note on my door.

Hey I left to go get my school stuff see you at school

-Sam

--

I got to school walking to my locker, I dialed the combination, I opened it and and a bunch of balloons came flying out, I tried to push them back in, I was getting weird looks all around.

"Happy birthday babe!" Sam kissed my cheek, "hey thats no way to celebrate her birthday" Gilinsky chuckled, "crappy birthday Clary" Gilinsky smiled kissed my cheek and walked off, "why crappy do you hate birthdays or something?" Sam asked, I shrugged, "you hate birthdays who hates birthdays?"

"Well, when your parents get in a car accident on your birthday you'll feel the same" I told him, "oh, god Clary-"

"It's okay, hey you wanna ditch or something?" I asked, "uh I can't basketball players have to stay the whole day unless they want to be sit out" Sam answered, "okay I'm sure Gilinsky will ditch with me" I sighed, "Clary!" Hayley squealed, "I heard it was your birthday so I got you some cupcakes" She said smiling, "thanks" I smiled, "no prob" Hayley smiled, then walked off. "hey why don't you say at lunch, I'll leave campus, get us some lunch then I will head back?"

"Sounds good" I nodded, "do not forget your ballons, I woke up so early to do this" Sam warned, I smiled I grabbed my ballons, and my stuffed elephant that was tied to them.

--

Sam's POV

I was pulling out of the school parking lot to go get Clary and I some food.

My phone went off.

'Gilinsky: If Clary ditched shes probably at the cemetery, she does that every year.'

I put my phone down, I started driving to the cemetery.

I soon got there I walked out, I saw Clary sitting at a grave.

"So, Tom is in New York, publishing a book like you wanted mom, and hes still taking care of the shop. The Jacks, they are really popular on this social media app vine. They are going on tour in November, they are going to meet fans, I'm so proud of them, you always said they would go far together. Theres this kid name Sam, I use to hate him, he's still kind of annoying, but he's still great. I like him actually. You may also know Sam as the kid who broke my crayons and everything in 5th grade, I honestly expected him to be another jerk player, but he's different, a good different."

I smiled, "And as for me, I'm good, I've been pretty happy, I also havent cut in two years. So thats good. I miss you, alot. Sometimes its hard realizing, that your father can never walk you down the isle, that your mother can never help you pick out a wedding dress, be there for you when your pregnant. I hate how our cruel world works, you guys didn't deserve to die, I'm sorry I couldnt go to your funeral, the pain was to much for one 15 year old girl back then, I don't know if I could take it now."

I began walking towrads her, "I love you guys, and I'll stay strong for you" She laid two flowers down by some dead rotting ones.

She turned around and saw me, she had tears in her eyes. I pulled her into a hug. "you didn't hear everything did you?" Clary asked, "I heard a lot, and I like you too you dork" I squeezed her, She sighed, "this is embarrassing."

"Shh don't ruin the moment" I joked.

"Come on, lets me get Gilinsky to skip, so he can keep you company" I patted her back.

"Okay" Clary sighed.

--

Clary's POV:

I was sitting with Jack at the basketball game, "Sam told me he had to cancel the men's choir from singing happy birthday to you at half time" Gilinsky whispered in my ear, "oh my god, that's both sweet and embarrassing" I groaned.

Sam was honestly kicking ass out there, I was wearing Sam's shirt, that he had to lend me, the only shirt I had was Johnson's shirt, and his basketball sweatshirt.

Sam got knocked down by player on the other team, hey at least it wasn't Daniel the Douche.

Sam groaned, he looked up at me and calmed down.

Sam ended up shooting the winning basket, we all stood up and cheered.

We ran down to the court, I couldn't find Sam.

I felt two arms around my waist. I turned around, and saw Sam.
"Sam you did amazing I'm so proud babe."

"Babe?"

"I wanted to try something" I grinned.
"I like it" Sam kissed my cheek.

"You missed" I told him, "what do you mean I missed?" Sam rose an eyebrow.

"I mean you missed" I stated, I leaned up and kissed his lips.

"You missed" I smiled.

He kissed me again, but stupid mike pulled him away into the locker room.

I saw Mallory and I hugged her.

"I saw Sam and your's first kiss," Mallory winked, "yeah first," I nodded, "what so you've kissed him more than once and didn't tell me, your best friend!"

"Sorry we kissed in a photo booth" I answered, "aw, what other details do you have?" Mallory grinned, I shrugged, "tell me on the way to the party," Mallory winked, "party?" I asked, "yeah, the basketball after party, slash your birthday party," Mallory told me, "come on!" Mallory grabbed my arm and ran me out to the car.

*************************************