Chapter 30: Confessions

I swallowed hard and tried to control my harsh breathing - I should really take Gym class more seriously.

Everyone was still staring at me, waiting for a response as to why I just came bursting through the door. I spoke the first lie that came to mind.

"A Directioner... touched my arm," I breathed, the fear on my face covering for me - even though I was just scared to hell of Paul finding out about what had just occurred between Harry and I.

The two stylist ladies made a few touch-ups to the boys as Paul squinted his eyes at me, pursing his lips. Everyone else looked at me with a confused expression, the boys looking at each other, trying not to laugh as the ladies fixed their hair.

A look of relief then washed over Paul, believing that my distressed face and panting really was the result of a Directioner making skin contact with me. Maybe it wasn't so hard to believe...

"You'll live," he finally said, turning back to the photographer.

"Candice get in," Tia then said, waving me over where everyone stood for the photo.

I hesitated, my eyes falling on Harry again. He raised an eyebrow at me, before pressing his lips together holding back what was clearly a laugh. He knew that I really didn't want to be in this photo.

"Come next to me!" Lillian grinned, making space between her and Niall.

"You never know, this photo could be worth some money one day!" Niall sparked up. "We have a future pro surfer right here!"

I looked doubtfuly at Niall but appreciated his constant life enthusiasm. I let out a sigh and took my place next to Lil - I couldn't say no to her. The photographer made a few more adjustments and the stylists stepped away.

"Alright everyone," the photographer announced. "Three, two, one!"

 After what felt like a thousand photos, the girls proceeded to chat with all the boys, their over-exaggerated fangirl laughs filling the room, Harry's eyes meeting mine every now and then. There was no way that I could have managed to get Tia on her own. But that didn't matter, because Paul had basically cornered me for another father-talk as soon as the shoot was over.

"-you just should've told me you were coming."

"Paul, we're all still alive." I rolled my eyes. "And besides, you were already so stressed that we would've just worried you even more for no reason."

He let out a frustrated sigh. "I just like to know what's going on, especially when you and Lil are involved."

I gave a weak smile, before we watched the girls animatedly flirting with the five boys.

"So she had fun then?" Paul suddenly asked of Lil.

"Yeah, her eyes were literally glued to the stage the whole night." I laughed.

"Good, she's been through hell the last twenty-four hours," Paul lowered his voice. "Yet here she is, smiling as if everything's okay."

That twisted feeling hit the pit of my stomach again. Even Paul knew - everything wasn't going to be okay.

"Do you know Olivia?" I asked then, seeing Paul turn to me out the corner of my eye. I faced him. "Personally, I mean."

He studied my face for a second and then leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. "Not really, no."

"Well, what do you know about her?" I treaded carefully, catching Harry's gaze again. I quickly looked away - his intentions were worrying. "It's just that, I heard Mum say that she's psychotic..."