Chapter 20 - Wild like a Hummingbird's Wings

Chapter 20! Oh something good should happen in this chapter considering as it's a rounded number.

Let's think.... I could go two ways with this story.. I'm desperately trying to incorporate something into the story before something else happens but I dont know how I can do it so let's just wait and see! Sorry if it's a bit rambling because Im currently writing the ideas down as I think of them so it could be all over the place... I didnt plan the little bits of this party, only the main events ;)

ENJOY

---------------

I was still frowning, watching where Adam had disappeared to, as Kai came around me with a smile on his face, not quite reaching his eyes. That feature was the only thing to distract me from my thoughts about what Adam meant. 

"Are you alright?" I asked and studied his pupils. 

He smirked but it didn't completely take over his face like it usually did. "Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be? I'm at a party with a gorgeous girl," He flicked my nose and I twitched responsively, "and there's lots to eat and drink. What could possibly be wrong?"

I shrugged, not quite believing him, though I didnt want to push it. I never wanted to push information out of someone if I could help it. However, this kissing situation was starting to make me lose my control. 

Kai grinned further and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Does the beautiful girl want to dance?"

I nodded quickly and he chuckled as he pulled me towards the room. Unlike Adam, he didn't care about the stares that we were currently getting, nor the blush that was spreading across my cheeks. I so desperately didnt want to dance in the middle of a group of hopping teenagers but it looked as if I wasn't getting a choice.

Kai dragged my arms up and around his neck before his fingers spread across my waist. He pulled me close and I felt his breath on my skin as he began to rock my hips side to side. It felt weird doing this now that everyone was around us so I awkwardly went with the beat, though I wasn't as confident as I was before. 

Why couldn't he have danced with me in the corner away from suspicious eyes? Didn't he realise how stiff I suddenly felt?

He must have finally realised because he leaned back to look into my face, his eyebrows twisting downwards slightly in confusion. "You alright, gorgeous?"

"I don't like the stares." I whispered and pressed my head gently into his shoulder to hide my face. I just wanted to let go and not think about anyone else around me but it was incredibly difficult when Kai wasn't helping matters.

I felt his fingers squeeze my sides and his head pressed against my own carefully. "It's just you and me, okay? Give it all you got, beautiful." He growled the last part and I closed my eyes, enjoying the vibration against my ear.

I slowly began to swerve my hips more to the music, keeping my eyes closed as I swayed and turned. If I couldn't see them then they couldn't see me. That was my stupid logic. The only thing which keptme in place was Kai's fingers against my hips. I couldn't even tell if he was swaying with me.

As the song came to a close, I eventually opened my eyes and Kai pressed his forehead against my own. I had flashes of chicken pox and scratches as a child but it was only slight and it quickly disappeared. He must have had scars from it on his forehead but they were just too faded to see properly.

I suddenly realised how close he was and my fingers automatically twisted into his hair, dragging him closer. His breathing was staggered but I wasn't sure whether that was because of me or because of the dancing. "Kai?" I managed to whisper as I leaned closer to him.