Thanksgiving

Oh. My god.

For almost the past year I've revisited this fic multiple times and have added a few words to it, but I have not been able to get myself to finish a full chapter. However, I on Saturday I went to a hockey game (s/o to my roomie and friend for the bday hooks ups) and was ~inspired~. In just a couple days, I used writing this as my 15-minute study breaks and ended up with this chapter. While I can't promise consistent updates with this by any means, hopefully, I won't go almost a year again without updating. So, yes, please bear with me as I get back into the groove of writing two of our favorite boys from this little world.

Thank you so much to those of you who have stuck around and waited for this when you easily could've removed it from your library and gone on with life. I love you guys so, so much! x

--

The two spent Thanksgiving together, mostly lounging around Mitch's apartment doing nothing of importance besides basking in one another's company. When dinner rolled around, Mitch made the two turkey sandwiches, scolding Scott for not going out and buying a turkey but, to be fair, Scott had no idea it was just going to be the two of them, he had thought he'd be eating with the rest of his team.

Mitch had to fly out the next day for a tree lighting in Dallas with Kirstie, while Scott had a game. However, Mitch wouldn't be gone for too long before the two boys would be reunited again and be together for almost two weeks thanks to Scott having a plethora of home games. It was always good to be home.

Scott took Mitch to the airport early the next morning, giving him a tight squeeze and quick kiss before pushing him towards his gate. This parting scene had much fewer tears, but knowing they would only be apart for a couple days helped.

With an optional skate in the afternoon, and a game that night Scott had barely any time to focus on the fact that Mitch had left and he was alone for a couple days. He emerged himself into practice, on the ice and off, and showed up an hour earlier than he normally would have for the game.

The Chicago Blackhawks had done a great job keeping the Ducks on the top of their game, but when overtime rolled around, the Blackhawks scored defeating the Ducks by a point. While the team wasn't happy with their loss, they knew they had played a good game, putting in a lot of work and executing their game plans to the best of their ability. They had done the best they could on the ice – listening and watching one another. Overall, their team work was probably the best it had been for most of the season. They were hoping with the amount of home games coming up they would win quite a few. There was something about home game crowds that pushed them to win.

The two-day break until their next game against the Canucks would help for practicing and conditioning on and off the ice, hopefully bringing home a win after their two back-to-back losses.

Scott had yet to check his phone as he left the arena, smiling when he finally had a chance to look at it and saw a few texts from Mitch.

I know you're probably already on the ice but good luck tonight!! hit the puck, score a point!

Just got back to the hotel and I'm watching you 😍😍

Wowwwww you're hot!

Aw no :( sorry u lost baby

Scott was a bit surprised that Mitch had actually taken the time out of his night to watch the hockey game, knowing in most cases he usually didn't have the time or it wasn't at the top of his list for things to do, which Scott completely understood with his busy schedule.

Thanks for watching the game! Maybe we'll win when my good luck charm comes back <3

By the time Scott made it back to his apartment there was still no reply from Mitch, he assumed he was already in bed and asleep, no doubt exhausted from his day of flying and rehearsals. However, when his phone rang he felt his heart leap in a bit of hope but found that it was his mom calling.