Swan

a/n: I'm not sure I like how this chapter turned out, the last couple chapters I've struggled to get out. Just a bit of writer's block right now but I'll persevere. Love you guys, thanks for reading. (and don't forget to check out my one shot book!) x

I based Mitch's performance off of Evan Lysacek's which is linked above!

--

"You'll come watch me tomorrow?" Mitch asked as he looked up at Scott, his hands folded together and puppy dog eyes full on.

Scott grinned at how Mitch thought he needed to beg for Scott to come see him. "After practice and lunch with the guys. I promise."

Mitch broke out into a full fledged smile as Scott leaned down to kiss his forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," Mitch started to turn away but before he got too far he turned back around. "Thanks for talking to me, Scotty. I know it wasn't easy for you. And thanks for giving us a try."

Scott smiled and went out into the hallway, wrapping Mitch up in a hug. He placed his chin on top of Mitch's head. "We'll do our best, okay?"

Mitch nodded against Scott's chest before removing his arms from around him. "Okay, that's all I ask."

They both bid each other goodbye once again and Scott went back into his boxed up apartment to get ready for bed, hoping he would be able to get more sleep tonight than the night before.

Scott had been wary almost agreeing to being in a relationship with Mitch, simply because of how Mitch had reacted to them having sex. He was worried Mitch wasn't ready for a relationship and had voiced his concerns, but Mitch had promised he was. He said he realized he had panicked and freaked out about the whole sex ordeal because he was afraid of losing Scott. He didn't want to lose Scott when he had just found him. The two planned to talk tomorrow after Mitch's practice and compare their schedules so they would know when they could meet up.

Scott had decided he would put everything he had into this relationship. He would do this for Mitch. But also for himself because he knew he had feelings for the boy and nothing would ever get solved if they weren't acted upon. He would be miserable if he had to pretend like he didn't want to be in a relationship with Mitch. Because he did want to be in a relationship with him, and now he was. He just had his doubts. But then everyone does.

--

Scott locked up his apartment on his way out and bounded down the stairs and to his car, hoping he would be on time for practice today. He needed to talk to Coach Bram and apologize for his performance in the last game. Coach Bram had been right. Scott needed to separate his personal life and his work life; he needed to leave personal stuff off the ice and outside the arena.

Scott loved being home and playing on their own ice. It was a much more familiar setting and the energy was always so electric since the stands were filled with a lot more cheering fans. He found his way into the arena and locker room about twenty minutes before practice was scheduled to start. He decided to get all geared up and then find Coach Bram and talk to him.

As he was finishing up, Coach Bram walked into the locker room. Scott stood up and Coach Bram caught his eye, he began to walk over.

"Scott," He began but Scott cut him off, needing to apologize before he got lectured or anything else.

"Wait, Coach Bram, listen. I'm sorry about our last game. I was completely out of line. You're right. My personal life needs to stay out of the arena and off the ice. I promise it won't happen again. I'm so thankful for the opportunity you've given me to play on this team, and everyone here is like family to me. I'm truly sorry," Scott finally took a breath after saying what he wanted to in a quick manner.