Dallas

"Mom!" Scott reached out for his mother as she walked into the locker room and slid his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, honey."

Scott pulled away from the hug but kept his arms around his mom. "I missed you too. God, it's been months. No more of that, okay?"

His mom smiled. God, he had missed his mom. No matter how old he got he would always miss his mom's smiles and home cooked meals. "You're the one with the busy schedule, hockey star."

Scott laughed gently. "Where's dad?"

"Should be coming up behind me," She flippantly flicked her hand about. "He found someone to talk to on the way here."

"He always seems to know someone."

His mom nodded before looking past Scott and gasping. She lightly pushed Scott aside and walked up to Alex to pull him into a hug. "Alexander! Look at you!"

Scott smiled at the scene before being pulled into a hug. He hugged back immediately knowing who it was. "Dad."

"Scott! You played great out there tonight!"

"I really wanted to give you a winning game."

"It was enough to see you out there playing the game."

Scott patted his dad on the back. "Thanks dad."

"How's everything looking for the rest of the season?"

"Pretty good. The next three games are home games and we all know we play better at home games. I'm really hoping we can pull through and win them. We haven't been doing our best lately and I think we all realize that."

"You guys will make a come back. I know it. Just make sure nothing distracts you."

Scott raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

His dad put his hands in his coat pocket before he spoke again. "I was on the Internet the other day, on that one website, Twitter, you know it?"

"Yeah, dad. I use it like every day."

"Apparently not. I was scrolling through and a bunch of fans were talking about this figure skater. I think his name was Mitchell Grassi and how he's been traveling with the team."

Scott itched to not correct his dad on how Mitch didn't like to be called Mitchell, but he just shrugged. "So what?"

His dad just stared at Scott for moment and Scott broke under his dad's stare. "What did it all say?"

"Just that you two seemed to be getting close."

"I guess we have. We've become really good friends. And dad, I promise that's all we are. I would tell you and mom if I was dating anyone, you know that."

"I know, but Scott I don't want you getting distracted."

Scott suddenly remembered how serious his dad took his sports. He remembered the extra practices his dad would take him to when he was younger and how hockey seemed to be the most important thing to his dad when Scott was growing up.

"I won't. He'll only be with us for a couple more weeks, until about mid-November before he has to go do his own thing. You have nothing to worry about."

His dad smiled up at him and patted him on the shoulder. "I better go say hello to Coach Bram."

Scott nodded as he watched his dad walk off towards Coach Bram. His mom had moved her way to talk to Avi and Kevin. His parents were quite popular among the team, always sending goodie packages to the team and always making sure to take time to talk to everyone when they did get the chance to come to a game.