Warm Ups

A/N: Yay! A new book! This has a bit of a slow start, apologies! This is such an AU for me, and I'm not a pro on hockey or figure skating. I just know what I know from going to games myself and the bit of research I've done for this.

The video above is a bit of the warm ups done before a hockey game! You can watch that and skip around in the video to get a better idea of what I'm explaining when I'm talking about warm ups.

I'm super excited to write this and for you guys to read this. Hope you enjoy! :)

--

Scott lifted his gloved hands up and bumped the small hands that were sticking out to him on the sides of the tunnel, his hockey stick securely held in his right hand. He looked straight ahead, itching to get out on the ice and start his warm up routine.

He felt adrenaline run through him as the screams from the arena filled his ears. As he glided out onto the ice he allowed himself a couple seconds to just take in the noise before he began the warm-up routine with the rest of his team.

Shoot in a puck, skate back around, and shoot in another puck. The team had done this together so many times and everyone knew where they were supposed to go. It was something familiar to all of them, a nice routine that didn't require much thinking. Scott did a couple rounds of this before taking a puck and skating around with it. He looked up and saw his teammate Alex ahead and shot the puck towards him. Alex was ready and reached out his stick stopping it. He smiled at Scott and Scott nodded to him as he began to skate backwards, keeping his eye on the puck that Alex was pushing back and forth.

--

Scott stood in the tunnel, bouncing up and down as he listened to some upbeat music playing, waiting for the announcer to announce their team and let them skate onto the ice. The lights in the arena suddenly shut off and all that was visible was the screen hanging over the ice with the words 2015-2016 ANAHEIM DUCKS.

"Now, it's time to meet your 2015/2016 Anaheim Ducks!" The announcer really knew how to work the crowd, he let his voice build throughout the sentence and practically yelled the last two words, causing the crowd to yell and cheer louder than they previously were. Scott heard the familiar sound of sirens going off as their tunnel lit up in red.

The announcer began to announce the players and welcome them to the ice. It took a bit longer than usual because tonight all of the team members were being announced since it was their first home game of the season. Scott moved forward as the line went forward. He adjusted his unbuckled hat one last time as Alex went onto the ice right before him.

"And welcome to the ice from Arlington, USA, number 17, Scott Hoying!"

Scott took a deep breath and skated out onto the ice, pushing himself forward. He looked up at the crowd and was met with screaming and flashing lights, he basked in it for a couple seconds. He would never get over the fact that so many people were there to support and watch their team. He raised his stick up in the air as he circled around to stand next to Alex in their line up.

--

Scott stood out on the ice for the second time that night, his stick in his right hand and helmet in his left as stared down at his skates. He moved back and forth on his skates, trying not to lock his knees. That was the last thing he needed to happen.

Scott perked up as he heard the announcer beginning to speak. His tone took on a whole new sound since he wasn't trying to rile up the crowd this time.