Chapter 6

He shrugged off a trench coat that fell to his knees and covered me with it. Then he proceeded to break the cuffs on my feet. I almost immediately tried to cover myself, but the soreness that had settled into my body throughout the day hurt. And it hurt very badly.

                He assisted me in getting up, lifting me effortlessly to my feet. I swallowed nervously, using the trench coat to cover myself. I slipped my arms into it, pulling it onto myself. He helped me button up the coat to cover myself.

                “You’re one of the voices in my head.” I sounded overly demure, very broken.

                “Yes. I am. My name is Leviathan. You may call me Levi. I deeply apologize for my lack of assistance. I tried, this morning. I could not watch the human defile you.” A glint of anger flashed over his features, gone in a flash.

                “That was you.” I gave a small smile. “Thank you. You’re one of the seven princes. Leviathan is envy, if I am not mistaken.”

                “You are correct. However, things have changed.” He lifted me up and muttered a few words in a language I couldn’t decipher.

                Suddenly, we were in front of my house.

                “Creepy.” I muttered. He gave me a brief smile, and gently set me back down on my feet.